Scientists Create Vampire Robots

Creepy, and did anyone else notice something funky on that guys arm at the end just above where the puncture wound (where the kill switch nanites were injected are). Looks like the robotic takeover of his body is already beginning.

So creepy. I've gotten about 20 hours worth of tattoos and I would never trust this thing.

John Connor: You know what you're doing?
The Terminator: I have detailed files on human anatomy.
Sarah Connor: I'll bet. Makes you a more efficient killer, right?
The Terminator: Correct.

The sad thing is, the robot would probably end up WAY better at drawing blood than a human, as the article states. The issue isn't that the robot is good or bad at it, people distrust machines in general, and a robot with a needle is going to freak people the hell out.

I am all for automation, it's what i do, after all. But i would be hard pressed to let a machine like that take my blood. Doesn't make a lick of sense, but there you go.

My wife has had nurses who missed her veins and after 3 or so attempts finally get it. If it does a good job, then why not.

So it gets a good vein about 80% of the time? Uhh fucking pass, pass so fucking pass its pass.

But seriously, why does the robot need to take the blood? Seems all the magic is in the image and vein finding software which could easily be used by a technician.

The sad thing is, the robot would probably end up WAY better at drawing blood than a human, as the article states. The issue isn't that the robot is good or bad at it, people distrust machines in general, and a robot with a needle is going to freak people the hell out.

Yes I think it will. Especially with people that have harder to find veins. I have a few friends that always complain when they get blood drawn because they have to be poked a few times or they have to adjust the needle because the tech missed a little. As long as the scans are accurate underneath the visible part, it'll catch on quicker.

As someone who suffers from a chronic disease, who often has to have blood drawn and has 'ghost veins', I've had multiple technicians have to stab me multiple times. And when they miss the vein what do they do? They fucking SAW the needle back and forth INSIDE YOUR ARM looking for a good vein. I'm all for this. And as creepy as it may be, it WILL get more efficient and once they make it a little less garish and scary everyone will be using these. It's just the way things are headed.

I have large easy to hit veins..yet some technicians are just terrible at this.

Yes please Robot once it hits 90%+ accuracy. Especially for the reasons mentioned by Sunny..Too many crap technicians get the needle in then proceed to "Fish" for a vein if they missed.

I like it. I'm one of those people who end up with three or four holes every time someone tries to draw blood from me. They usually only get it after they fail the first few times and then they finally listen to me tell them how they have to do it. If this robot gets better than 50% success, it would mean one to two holes instead of three or four, so I'm all for it.

Back