Best Geek Wedding Proposal Ever?

That is awesome. Cool that she played it all the way to the end. Just remember, up, up, down,down. left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start does not work in real life.:D

What I find kind of funny is going through all this work and then abbreviate Congratulations, hehe. But, Congrats anyway!!! :D

Lies. It's incredibly hard without cheats, but I can assure you it is doable.

Life Force comes to mind in regards to this. Ugh.

What a lovely lady - and a gamer! Glad he was able to go through all that trouble and have it work. Congrats!

What I find kind of funny is going through all this work and then abbreviate Congratulations, hehe. But, Congrats anyway!!! :D

Life Force comes to mind in regards to this. Ugh.

Ive beaten life-force without cheat.... IT'S HARD... can't do it now.

I have met a couple of really good looking nerd chicks and it's never clicked for me, this guy is lucky.

Internet high fives to you sir.

That is awesome. Cool that she played it all the way to the end. Just remember, up, up, down,down. left, right, left, right, B, A, select, start does not work in real life.:D

No, but if you blow just right on the slot it works wonders....

Neat! I don't know think he needed to include the last picture of him as a Doom playing nerd in the 90s. Didn't peg him as the star quarterback type.

Doom playing nerd in the 90s
That's Wolfenstein 3D, not Doom :p

oh but that gives me a good idea for my proposal... maker her play a doom level and the boss is my head on a stick asking if she'll marry me... she can send a rocket my way if she declines, otherwise use the key to unlock my heart.... GwaAAAAHAHH

Technically, the only thing he modded in the game was the text. The game itself was still the exact same.

Still, very cool.

shens, you cant beat Contra even with the cheat code.

Lies. It's incredibly hard without cheats, but I can assure you it is doable.

took me about 2-3 week, after that i hardly lost any lives. that's why i love old school games, you get extra life if you survive the level without dying.

it was great of this guy to mod it on contra. some of those games do not get enough credit for the enjoyment it gave us.

Glad he found someone that shares his love of games, like interests are very important to maintaining a healthy relationship. May they have long and happy lives together and Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft sponsor these two.

Played Contra as a kid, insane hard game. The key to staying alive was getting the spread gun, it let you canvas the area with a hail of bullets and reduce the amount of bullets coming at you. You die once with no red guys or balloons carrying a new one you'd just keep dying.
All the bosses had patterns, if you could memorize them it got a lot easier.
Problem is I tried Contra again a few weeks ago after years of not touching it, insane hard. No way with my slowed reflexes I can beat that game without the code anymore.

i heard that Contra is actually a very difficult game?

An attractive gamer geek girl. A rare treasure indeed. Lucky guy. ;)

Up, Up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start

then you can beat the game:) I can't believe I have this memorized along with the McDonalds Big Mac jingle....

i heard that Contra is actually a very difficult game?

It's pretty brutal. I've beaten it a few times, but it was always using the opening cheat and with a buddy. I've never beaten it solo or without the cheat.

Now that she said "yes," the only code that guy needs now is up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, roll over, cigarette.

:D

I would have not destroyed the kart so much if I was to do it so I could keep it as a momento of the occasion, but other then that great way to propose and props to the couple may they slay many evils and have many little rugrats :)

A hottie &&&&& she can beat Contra???

That old Shredder bagged himself a real diamond of a lady. Good job!

Now that she said "yes," the only code that guy needs now is up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down, roll over, cigarette.

:D

Roll it to right
shift it to the left
push down
pull up
byte byte byte

6502 assembler geek chant.

Ive beaten life-force without cheat.... IT'S HARD... can't do it now.

I hear that! All the old games that I used to be good at, I look like a fool playing now. What the hell happened? Probably the same reason I can't even look at a Merry-Go-Round without getting dizzy. I'm getting OLD! Ahhh!! :eek:

Last I played Contra, Ghouls and Ghosts, Blaster Master and Life Force, I wasn't able to beat any of them. Yet my FPS skills and even playing Dark Souls with a pint of whiskey in me don't seem to be much of an issue. 8bit games were just harder.

Congratulations to the happy couple! Now for the honeymoon -- and Super C. Kids? Operation C awaits ... :p

Damn. Congrats to you, man. She's beautiful and a gamer... A real keeper!

But, you have to tell us - did she use the code to finish the game? :)

Thanks!!

And yea she used the code... Not that she needs it but I figured it was added insurance to get her to the end :D

Back