Corsair Obsidian 900D Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
Grab your favorite translator and head on over to Tweak.dk to read their review of the Corsair Obsidian 900D case. You can see our evaluation here for comparison purposes.

Corsair is much more than Gaming products, DDR3 Memory Modules and Power Supply Units. They produce a wide range of other products, and have over the last couple of years focused on Gamers and overclockers. In this review we look at their new Corsair Obsidian 900D Case, that was announced earlier this year.

I was looking at one of these. It's just obscenely expensive at about $350 US on Newegg. It's one of the only cases that can mount 2x360, maybe 2x480 or a combination of both. If you know any other cases capable of that (with or without mods) please let me know as I want a ridiculous loop but don't want to spend that much on a frame.

I was looking at one of these. It's just obscenely expensive at about $350 US on Newegg. It's one of the only cases that can mount 2x360, maybe 2x480 or a combination of both. If you know any other cases capable of that (with or without mods) please let me know as I want a ridiculous loop but don't want to spend that much on a frame.

There are others but they cost even more :) Just put my first RX 480 in the top, there is certainly room on the bottom for one too (it's on the way) :). Actually I could still install 2 more 240 rads and a single 120 quite easily, but I see no need.

I could be wrong, but I THINK the only other cases that handle this sort of thing are Mountain Mods, LittleDevil Cooling, CaseLabs etc....which are typically in the $600 bracket.

I could be wrong, but I THINK the only other cases that handle this sort of thing are Mountain Mods, LittleDevil Cooling, CaseLabs etc....which are typically in the $600 bracket.

There is also the $650 silverstone.

:D I know what case I'm getting next with my water cooling build :D

I had to modifiy my current thermaletake MK1 to fit my 360.

I was so close to buying this case! It looks very nice, and I had a modded 800D and loved it. I ended up going with a Caselabs Magnum TH10 instead..I still personally think the 900D looks better though.

Question on the 900D hot swap bays..... I am going to use just three drives to start, a pair of SSDs in RAID 0 for boot and OS and a 1 Tb Raptor for data. I am considering using the hot swap HDD bay. I do not intend to hot swap these drives but the advantage is that I will have two less power cables to run. The power and signal cables that come attached to the 900D hot swap cage look to be of good quality.
The disadvantage is that the more connections and plugs/sockets you put in line the higher the resistance. I really do not think that will be a factor however.
Have any of you done this? Are any of you using the hot swap bay at all and if so have you had any reliability issues?
Thanks.

I highly recommend them. Those cases are amazing and the airflow is superb!

Back