Shooting An AK-47 Underwater At 27,450fps

Coolest part was the vapor trail left by the bullet collapsing on itself then oscillating, although it looked like the bubble turned inside out rather than the description he gave. Either way way cooler than shooting an iPad with a 50 cal and saying tada.

Didn't really do anything to blow my skirt up, so to speak. Guess I should re-watch it when I'm not dead tired.

I watched the handgun one yesterday. The interesting thing to me was that the .38 was better the 9mm. The 9mm started tumbling almost immediately, and didn't travel very straight, while the slower .38 seemed to keep a straighter course for the limited distance the camera showed it. The bullet from the AK starts tumbling after only about a foot.

Haha... "single pull" AK. I wonder if the typical semi/full-auto AKs works underwater.

The problem is this video may inspire the next pool shooting, the next Adam Lanza or Trayvon Martin shooting up a swimming lessons somewhere, with bullets fired underwater and the water turning dark red.

The problem is this video may inspire the next pool shooting, the next Adam Lanza or Trayvon Martin shooting up a swimming lessons somewhere, with bullets fired underwater and the water turning dark red.

Congrats on todays Dumbest Post of the Day Award. :rolleyes:

36307762.jpg

Am I the only one who wants to get shot by an AK under water?

Its probably none lethal past like 6 inches possibly none lethal at point blank.

Am I the only one who wants to get shot by an AK under water?

Its probably none lethal past like 6 inches possibly none lethal at point blank.

You should read the post right before yours if you are thinking about being in the direct path of the shockwave.

You should read the post right before yours if you are thinking about being in the direct path of the shockwave.

only 1 true way to find out....I remember being a young whipper snapper and wondering if my 9mm would penetrate a tractor tire....Bullet bounced back and nailed me right in the knee. Determined with a limp I decided I needed more velocity. Reloaded some FMJ 223 rounds and that tractor tire had some holes in it.

Back