Amazon Rejected as Domain Name After S.A. Objections

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Score a win for the little guys fighting the big corporation. The objections of several South American countries won out for cultural reasons over Amazon’s commercialization of the .amazon designation. The decision can be still overruled by the Icann Board, but rarely reverses the committee’s decisions. Muy Bueno. :D

“We’re reviewing the G.A.C. advice and we look forward to working with Icann and other stakeholders to resolve these issues as the process moves forward,” Amazon said in a statement.

Is this the new definition of "little guy", countries vs corporations :eek: ... I suspect they just wish to exploit it for their own uses ... it's not like it is the Jesus de Amazon family winning out over the evil corporation :p

Is this the new definition of "little guy", countries vs corporations :eek: ... I suspect they just wish to exploit it for their own uses ... it's not like it is the Jesus de Amazon family winning out over the evil corporation :p

Well, technically countries work for their people to better their lives. Whereas corporations make people work for them to better their own profits. Sooo yes, one could say it's a win for the people of South America. :)

So are these the same countries that tried to sue to get the domain amazon.com due to them having a river and all that :D

Well, technically countries work for their people to better their lives. Whereas corporations make people work for them to better their own profits. Sooo yes, one could say it's a win for the people of South America. :)

There is so much wrong with these statements.

Chunder, do you have a job? Or are you self employed? Did some evil corporation force you to work for them?

Democrat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sure

Talk about priorities.How about putting that sort of effort into keeping the Amazon Jungle (RainForest for the PC folk) from being slashed and burned.

Talk about priorities.How about putting that sort of effort into keeping the Amazon Jungle (RainForest for the PC folk) from being slashed and burned.

More profit. Keep .amazon domain name and keep fucking the jungle.

Technically, yes. In reality - far from it.

Some corporations actually do better for the people and still bring in a good profit, while most governments are very far from working for the people to better their lives. There is the rare exception, and most corporations will fuck anyone and everything for an extra 2 cents a unit profit.

Is this what public schools are teaching nowdays? I pity you and the future.

the word Amazon is of ancient greek origin it wasn't created by the people of south America and I guess Amazon just wont do busuness in South America soory people of SA.

The greeks neeed to sue South Ameica for stealing their word to name rhe Amazon river and rain forest, I seriously doubt there are tribes of warrior women ib the region.

Well, technically countries work for their people to better their lives. Whereas corporations make people work for them to better their own profits.

So true. I nod up and down as I sit in front of my quad core laptop with high speed fios, sipping a tasty diet barq's root beer out of this convenient plastic red cup I picked up at the local grocery store which sells me my arthritis medicine which keeps my immune system from attacking the cartilage in my hands which I appreciate as I type this response out.

Back