GeForce 326.19 Beta Drivers Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
There are brand new GeForce 326.19 beta drivers out now for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and the 8.1 preview. According to NVIDIA, the beta driver features the following:

Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 770:
  • Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
  • Up to 6% in Tomb Raider

GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
  • Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
  • Up to 11% in F1 2012

SLI Technology
  • Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
  • Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Additional Details

• Adds support for tiled 4K displays.
  • Installs PhysX System Software 9.13.0604.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Hopefully these will fix that weird zoom issue with Win 8.1.

It is highly doubtful that the 600 series of GPU's will have any more driver tweaks since the 700/Titans are out now.

Yeah, but it's been ignored for a while. I would love to upgrade to a 760 to push my 2650x1440 monitor, but I'm going to wait out of necessity (read: all my $ is scheduled to go elsewhere.)

I thought these were interesting:
Issue
With some games and applications, you may experience little to no performance gain or
even a performance drop with 4-way SLI or multi-GPU configurations.
Resolution
1 Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, then click Manage 3D Settings from the navigation
pane.
2 Click the Global Settings tab, then scroll to the Power management mode feature, click the
corresponding list arrow and select Prefer maximum performance, then aclick Apply.

AND

[PhysX]: After installing the driver, occasionally the PhysX processor selection in the
NVIDIA Control Panel is set to CPU instead of AutoSelect (Recommended), resulting
in PhysX games running slowly. [1049752]
To correct this, set the PhysX processor to Auto Select (Recommended).

"Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs" ... I'm already running at 120Hz using Displayport 1.2 on my GTX680. Did they just feel like adding another line item to their list of improvements?

Adds support for tiled 4K displays.
That is a false statement. All NVIDIA did was add a driver hack to make things work for the ASUS PQ321Q over DisplayPort via MST. Since they didn't add actual 2x1 surround support, you cannot used dual HDMI on the ASUS PQ321Q to get 3840x2160@60Hz.

Additionally,this driver hack does not work on the Sharp PN-K321 at all, even though the ASUS was a re-badge of that monitor. There is still no way to get 3840x2160@60Hz on the Sharp PN-K321. Both DisplayPort and Dual HDMI don't work.

If the NVIDIA Suits want to claim support for tiled 4K displays you need to support 2x1 and 2x2 Surround on Windows. NVIDIA Engineering has done a great job in putting this functionality into all GeForce cards for years. It is even available using Geforce cards with their Linux driver via Twinview/Base-Mosaic. It is time to set it free on Windows.

These drivers cause my secondary monitor to no longer be detected. Never had that happen before... Oh well back to 326.01

My GTX 670 is like the ignored bastard child of nvidia driver updates :(

It is highly doubtful that the 600 series of GPU's will have any more driver tweaks since the 700/Titans are out now.

The 700 series (other then the 780) are all just rebranded 600 series cards. Any improvement for the 700 series will also be improvements for the 600 series.

•Adds support for tiled 4K displays.

sadly no.. it only added support for the Asus monitor... which is crazy as the Asus is just a rebadged Sharp PN-K321... but it doesn't work on the Sharp

blah

Yeah so my Catleap Q270 Korean IPS display isn't being recognized by this driver. This is the first time I've had a serious issue with NVIDIA's drivers in... well.. recent memory. WTF?

These drivers make me lose display on Windows 8 and I have to go to safe mode to uninstall them. Geforce 780 reference model, on a 1440p Catleap over DVI.

Just a warning, this is a recurring theme at OCN and the nvidia forum. This driver will NOT pick up your display if you're using a catleap or korean IPS panel. Do not install this driver if you're using one of those displays, many folks have already submitted bug reports about this.

So far it seems to be specific to the korean IPS panels. I'm using a Dell which seems to be unaffected so far.

Unimpressed with Nvidia drivers lately since upgrading to a Surround setup. Win 7, Win 8, and Windows 8.1 all have unique problems that make Surround rather shitty to use when not actually just playing a game.

In Windows 7, a maximized window looks like crap. In Windows 8, you can't even maximize to a single monitor. In Windows 8.1, the taskbar gets hosed, and games love to crash in Surround mode.

Windows 8 (non-8.1) seems to be the most stable on average, but it's still not perfect.

Just a warning, this is a recurring theme at OCN and the nvidia forum. This driver will NOT pick up your display if you're using a catleap or korean IPS panel. Do not install this driver if you're using one of those displays, many folks have already submitted bug reports about this.

So far it seems to be specific to the korean IPS panels. I'm using a Dell which seems to be unaffected so far.

I rarely upgrade my vid drivers anymore. Causes so many headaches. Considering I run two Qnix panels I'm glad I didn't begin to try again with these.

You would think that modifying simple monitor profiles and adding in faux 4K support wouldn't effect Korean cheap IPS 1440p panels. Leave it to Nvidia to find a way to fuck it up.

A 15% performance increase with GTX 760 will be a sweet spot. It will make it comparable with 7970GHz

bioshock infinite is giving me problems on my GTX 770.. anything other that what came on the product CD (believe its 319.08) is not working

320.19 had BIG issues for me, freezing wasnt fixed till 320.49. 320.49 seem to make the girls minecraft run slow, mines perfect now. I'm leary about these new betas.

funny.. i had 2 AMD cards before this and never had one issue.. I went to nVidia because i always hear they are better and now i got shafted :p

Well, they are beta drivers. You should expect issues..

The thing with nvidia's beta drivers is that in the past, that they were always on point. This is honestly the first nvidia beta release in memory that has had such numerous complaints - and egregious bugs such as the problem with Korean IPS panels. In the past I actually looked forward to nvidia beta drivers because they have consistently been solid.....but this release seems rushed. I hope nvidia doesn't continue that trend if it was indeed rushed.

That being said, I haven't had issues with this driver. But I don't use windows 8 or a korean IPS panel.

Eh, it sucks, but it's not a huge deal. 320.49 were solid for me so I'll wait for them to fix the Korean display problem. It's not impeding my ability to play any games.

Well, they are beta drivers. You should expect issues..

i even had issues with the non beta drivers..

the stock drives that came with my card are working the best.. sometimes i get artifacts but at least not freezing

You have to be careful with any driver release. Different setups will always materialize different results. I've had two driver releases hose my setup and forced extraordinary actions, but it's been good ever since.

i even had issues with the non beta drivers..

the stock drives that came with my card are working the best.. sometimes i get artifacts but at least not freezing

Funny thing is that after fumbling around for a few days with all of the new drivers, including the ones that were released yesterday, the best drivers for me are the ones on the CD that came with the card (GTX 780).

I have no issue with 320.18s other than physx. For some reason I get fps drop into the low 30s at times. The only time I've seen this was with a 7970 and physx set to high (running on the CPU) and I'm not sure if they changed 3dmark vantage but my CPU score is just over 44,000 which also tells me physx is not working. But they may have changed vantage to not use physx in CPU test in an update, I'm not sure. Be nice if anyone knows this info.

EDIT: fixed my physx problem. just set physx to run on my 780 in nvidia control panel instead of auto select and boom problem solved. so friggin weird something must of been glitching and using the cpu in borderlands. guess forcing it doesnt hurt anything. just played for 4 hours straight never dropped below 60fps on maximum settings.

Last edited:
Back