Next-Gen Graphics Cards, SHIELD Hit London

HardOCP News

[H] News
Powerful graphics cards. A portable, next-generation gaming system. NVIDIA-branded water. There are a lot of products that carry our brand. And they were all in demand – especially the water — as approximately 200 gamers crowded into the Currys PC World Gaming Bunker in London on the hottest day of the year last Saturday to get hands on with the latest tech for PC and mobile gaming.

Enthusiasts began lining up at 5 am – five hours before the event started – to experience the very best of GeForce GTX, with 7-series gaming PCs, the newly announced Razer gaming portables – including the world’s thinnest gaming laptop, the Razer Blade 14-inch, and the all new Tegra 4 powered Toshiba Excite Pro tablet, exclusive to Currys PC World. They were rewarded with the opportunity to be among the first to play Ubisoft’s upcoming action-adventure stealth game – Splinter Cell: Blacklist, immerse themselves in the post-apocalyptic world of Metro: Last Light and get some hands-on time with our new NVIDIA SHIELD gaming device. A couple of lucky gamers also walked away with the new ASUS GeForce GTX 780, following an intense Metro: Last Light speed run competition.

Great, now GPU makers are diving into the water cooling realm...just not for hardware.

If I was going to play games on a 5" screen, it would be my phone, or my old Game Gear in the loft.

Back