PS4 Fans Signing Xbox One Petition

HardOCP News

[H] News
And people wonder why PC owners make fun of the console kiddies. :D

The petition is seeking 15,000 signatures and has already accumulated nearly 13,000. However, many of the signatures “supporting” the petition appear to be from PlayStation 4 fans who want the Xbox One to fail. For example, the most frequently up-voted comment on the petition said that they wanted to sign the petition “to help ps4 so we have no stupid people on the same console as me.”

Meh. I've played enough CS, Quake, WoW and D2 in their heyday to know there are quite a few retards who own PCs as well. Maybe not the same population but I remember Nvidia and ATI fanboys were pretty nasty to each other. Someone should do a study and figure out mathematically a % of a population that is probably moronic. I am sure there is a constant to be derived somewhere.

Morons abound but still it is quite hilarious the PS4 people are pretty much openly mocking MS.

Meh. I've played enough CS, Quake, WoW and D2 in their heyday to know there are quite a few retards who own PCs as well. Maybe not the same population but I remember Nvidia and ATI fanboys were pretty nasty to each other. Someone should do a study and figure out mathematically a % of a population that is probably moronic. I am sure there is a constant to be derived somewhere.

This would be more helpful instead of video games and violence.

I find it funny. I hope it goes through! Down with the crap Xbone. Such a fail, was going to buy one too until they tried to pull a quick one.

And you quickly realize that it is no wonder why the majority of hardcore gamers get stereotyped by society as a bunch of people with no life.

I would have bought one if it was at least as powerful as the PS4, didn't have ridiculous DRM, and had a cable DVR.

They are called the 90%ers for a reason.:D

And you quickly realize that it is no wonder why the majority of hardcore gamers get stereotyped by society as a bunch of people with no life.

Yeah, because only gamers would do something like this. :rolleyes:

I've seen football fans do worse things. It's not a gamer thing, it's a fan thing. Rivalries of any kind bring out the stupid in fans.

I actually find it funny that people are still buying that whole "give a full game to 10 other people" BS.

more than a few ps4 fanbois here proclaiming the evilness of the "xbone" while insisting they were really gonna buy one or had one before. lol :)

It's impossible to be passionate about something and have a life. Just ask sports fans.:rolleyes:

It's impossible to be passionate about something and have a life. Just ask sports fans.:rolleyes:

Yeah, sports people are worse than video game people by a lot. They pretend that "their team" should have won or lost because "we needed to do this" or "we didn't do enough of that" as if it's somehow like they had a decision in what happened. Though video game people don't really do much of anything except play around in some cookie-cutter game that is a clone of some other game in the same genre, they're usually at least involved in what they're doing, but sports people claim ownership over something they're just watching happen, but talk about like they were deep into working on themselves. Plus, it's more hypocritical when sports people are way out of shape (then again, so are most massively fat people that play so-called professional football) and they talk about anything that involves running.

I thought about signing it. Why? Because it is funny!

You guys remember Sanjaya on American Idol? Ever wonder why he made it as far as he did?
A site called Votefortheworst.com drove in large part a movement to bork the AI vote in his favor and in the end hilarity ensued. I didn't vote in this either.

In the end when you see a massive juggernaut like MIcrosoft stumbling why not trip them? It is all in good fun and they deserve it.

Plan:

I will buy a PS4.

I will acquire an Xbox One the same way I acquired an xbox 360, I will reflow a RROD at home :)

In the end when you see a massive juggernaut like MIcrosoft stumbling why not trip them? It is all in good fun and they deserve it.

Sony deserves worse, imo. All the shenanigans they've pulled over the past few decades and all. It's a two way street.

Maybe not the same population but I remember Nvidia and ATI fanboys were pretty nasty to each other.

Oh there is plenty of vitriol in the PC arena as well: NVidia vs ATI, Intel vs AMD, MS vs Open Source, PC vs Apple, etc.

I worked for Intel back in the early 90's when they first started monitoring the Internet forums after the B-step Pentium blew up. They referred to the battles between PC vs Apple and Intel vs AMD as the "religious wars". I think the biggest difference on the PC side is that there is a wider age and socio economic group of people involved in the discussions, where consoles do tend to favor the young ;)

People who create an identity around the consumption of media, instead of creating or doing anything themselves, are the most pathetic people. Then this sort of thing isn't a surprise.

People who create an identity around the consumption of media, instead of creating or doing anything themselves, are the most pathetic people. Then this sort of thing isn't a surprise.

...and you think that your identity hasn't been molded by media?

I will echo the get a life sentiment. I never understood hardcore fanboi-ism when it comes to gaming and computing hardware.

I will echo the get a life sentiment. I never understood hardcore fanboi-ism when it comes to gaming and computing hardware.

Because they've spent a considerable amount of money or time to make the decision, and they want to confirm that it was a sound choice. In a sense it's similar to politics where people almost never change their mind once it's set even if it's been shown to be completely false.

Sony deserves worse, imo. All the shenanigans they've pulled over the past few decades and all. It's a two way street.

Yeah, I find it ironic that anyone would trust anything Sony says, I mean these are the same people who screamed bloody murder over the price of the xbox 360 when it was released, and then a year later released the PS3 at an even higher price point.

They also went on numerous rants about how motion control being a pathetic fad and that the Wii would never sell, all while working on developing a motion controller to compete with the Wii.

Then of course we should probably discuss the PS3 "features" they used to sell the console which they then disabled via OS patches.

Personally I think Sony, and the Playstation fanbois, are still just upset that they got completely spanked in the current generation of consoles in which they came in dead last.

Yeah, I find it ironic that anyone would trust anything Sony says, I mean these are the same people who screamed bloody murder over the price of the xbox 360 when it was released, and then a year later released the PS3 at an even higher price point.

What comments were those exactly? The original PS3 while expensive was pretty loaded in the feature department.

They also went on numerous rants about how motion control being a pathetic fad and that the Wii would never sell, all while working on developing a motion controller to compete with the Wii.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EyeToy

Then of course we should probably discuss the PS3 "features" they used to sell the console which they then disabled via OS patches.

otherOS? That was done because of our friend George Hotz, Sony didn't pull it because they hate you. They pulled it after it was discovered their closed platform was about to become another PSP.

Personally I think Sony, and the Playstation fanbois, are still just upset that they got completely spanked in the current generation of consoles in which they came in dead last.

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Is there anything else I can help you with?

What comments were those exactly? The original PS3 while expensive was pretty loaded in the feature department.

It was still a higher price then they bashed MS for 12 months earlier.

Thank you for proving that Sony is even more full of shit then my original post claimed.

otherOS? That was done because of our friend George Hotz, Sony didn't pull it because they hate you. They pulled it after it was discovered their closed platform was about to become another PSP.

I don't give a shit about Hotz, he didn't promote a feature to sell me an item and then disable it.

Should Ford/GM/Toyota be able to disable radios in their cars so as to keep people from playing unauthorized CDs on them?

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Yes, you could explain why you fail at reading since, as DejaWiz points out, I said current generation consoles.

Umm, he said current generation. PS2 is so old now, Moses has one in his tomb.

My apologies I thought people could critically think and clearly see and understand the intent of the link.

PS3 is ahead of the 360 making it #2 I in worldwide sales. This refutes the posters statements that the PS3 was spanked and was dead last.

Especially considering a year head start and RROD rebuys.

/shrug

It was still a higher price then they bashed MS for 12 months earlier.

What quotes? Be specific.

Thank you for proving that Sony is even more full of shit then my original post claimed.

So the PS2 era motion games and body interaction games has no merit? Such pre Wii era games as Sega Superstars ?

Sega Superstars (released: November 2, 2004)
Nintendo Wii (released: November 19, 2006)

** Nintendo president Satoru Iwata later unveiled and demonstrated the Wii Remote at the 2005 Tokyo Game Show **

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_SuperStars

wikipedia said:
players use their body to play a variety of minigames. However, while that game only picked up player's movement, Sega Superstars uses a more advanced system. Before the start of each game, a setup screen with an orange area is shown. In order to start the game, players have to stand in a position where the orange area won't pick up any movement and select the continue button. This method determines what area is the background, allowing EyeToy to pick up the player's position, as opposed to just what areas are moving. This is particularly prominent in games like Puyo Puyo, that uses the player's entire body.

Sony was well on their way with their own type of motion control.

I don't give a shit about Hotz, he didn't promote a feature to sell me an item and then disable it.

Should Ford/GM/Toyota be able to disable radios in their cars so as to keep people from playing unauthorized CDs on them?

That would not basically kill their entire buisness model, get better analogies.

Yes, you could explain why you fail at reading since, as DejaWiz points out, I said current generation consoles.

See my post above, I suggest also visiting; http://www.criticalthinking.org/ctmodel/logic-model1.htm

Define Irony ... Fanbois arguing about Consoles in a posting about Fanbois arguing about consoles :p

Go Team PC Gamer :D

Define Irony ... Fanbois arguing about Consoles in a posting about Fanbois arguing about consoles :p

Go Team PC Gamer :D

It's like watching sumo wrestlers, but ones that aren't strong at all and don't do the whole grabby-touchy thing. Instead they yell about 50 MHz difference or whether or not the vibrator in the controller is as stimulating as the other peoples' controllers.

My apologies I thought people could critically think and clearly see and understand the intent of the link.

PS3 is ahead of the 360 making it #2 I in worldwide sales. This refutes the posters statements that the PS3 was spanked and was dead last.

Especially considering a year head start and RROD rebuys.

/shrug

LOL...even I could see that and I'm not even an Xbox fan boy! Let the kiddies have their XB1 drm back...then they will find out how restricting the family plan really is.

God I hate posts filled with half truths and loads of assumptions.

Ps3 had vastly superior hardware to the 360, and when you factor in the blu-ray player its price made absolute sense. The fact of the matter is that Sony gambled by forcing the multimedia machine style to help them win the Blu-ray format war that was going on at that time. The result? Blu-ray won. Now while they may have lost on the game console front, I think the fact that Blu-ray is the Defacto standard for hi-def content and that even the new Xbox includes it is more than ample proof they succeeded. The PS4 is now their attempt to recoup the lead they had in game consoles since the format war is over. That is why it is being Targeted Squarely at gamers unlike the Ps3 which was designed to appeal to multiple markets. For the record, I bought All 3 Systems.

Motion Control was a pathetic fad and the current generation proves it. The Wii sold because it was hands down the cheapest console. The motion control gimmick helped obviously, but it was a price war. The simple fact that the WiiU failed miserably and the fact that motion control took an absolute backseat on this new generation just reinforces that.

PS3 Features - As mentioned above, George Hotz got us all screwed on that one. However that particular issue sits on both sides of the fence. Let's not get into an argument over the egregious bullshit MS has engaged in over the years. They are just as bad as Sony.

Perhaps the Fanboys are, but then fanboys in general are complete idiots. Be careful there though, your last sentence makes you sound dangerously close to one for Xbox. The reality is competition benefits everyone and defending one console to the death is just tantamount to outright stupidity. PS4 fans signing this petition are idiots, as are XB1 fans attacking them for that matter.

The reality is this, Gamers in general should be outraged right now. Of the next generation the Ps4 is shaping up to be the only one that should be bought by anyone with a brain. This is Terrible for consumers as it doesn't force competition. The WiiU is just a massive pile of crap and nintendo should be ashamed for pushing that out and the XB1 is just a blatant violation of privacy with the forced camera bullshit. Pressure needs to be piled on MS to force them to redact that so we have at least 2 good consoles this generation. As someone who usually buys all three, I can say I am particularly annoyed at this upcoming generation. I won't even consider an XB1 until the Camera crap is dealt with and the PS4, well I won't buy it until at least mid next year because even though Sony has said everything right...Well it is Sony and I am expecting them to say or do something stupid.

Motion Control was a pathetic fad and the current generation proves it. The Wii sold because it was hands down the cheapest console. The motion control gimmick helped obviously, but it was a price war. The simple fact that the WiiU failed miserably and the fact that motion control took an absolute backseat on this new generation just reinforces that.

I agree when talking about motion control, and I believe Sony understands that. They have made several statements regarding motion and their feeling is that even with Kinect 2, Wii Mote+, and Move that it is just not ready for primetime. There are still several hurdles and no one has perfected it yet or shown a way to implement it in a way where it would be universal.

So we see Microsoft using it as a standard platform for their GUI and I think that is a great use of the technology but from a cost standpoint it still does not make sense. Sony catered to the market and tried to experiment with the Move and has been toying with motion since 1999. I believe they are waiting for something to come along where motion can be added to most forms of gaming without control limitations.

On an actual implementation standpoint I believe Move is the best of both worlds but it still does not alleviate the fundamental problem with motion. The Kinect experiences the worst of the problem for al 3 because there is no other way to interact other than the Kinect unless you use the standard controller (which defeats the purpose) an example being Forza. Otherwise you only see dance games or interactive demos.

The technical demos for both PS4 Eyetoy /w Move and Kinect 2 are still very much the same thing we have seen in the past. Nintendo went a different route with the Wii U probably because they understood the technical limitations after the success they saw with the Wii.

I agree when talking about motion control, and I believe Sony understands that. They have made several statements regarding motion and their feeling is that even with Kinect 2, Wii Mote+, and Move that it is just not ready for primetime. There are still several hurdles and no one has perfected it yet or shown a way to implement it in a way where it would be universal.

So we see Microsoft using it as a standard platform for their GUI and I think that is a great use of the technology but from a cost standpoint it still does not make sense. Sony catered to the market and tried to experiment with the Move and has been toying with motion since 1999. I believe they are waiting for something to come along where motion can be added to most forms of gaming without control limitations.

On an actual implementation standpoint I believe Move is the best of both worlds but it still does not alleviate the fundamental problem with motion. The Kinect experiences the worst of the problem for al 3 because there is no other way to interact other than the Kinect unless you use the standard controller (which defeats the purpose) an example being Forza. Otherwise you only see dance games or interactive demos.

The technical demos for both PS4 Eyetoy /w Move and Kinect 2 are still very much the same thing we have seen in the past. Nintendo went a different route with the Wii U probably because they understood the technical limitations after the success they saw with the Wii.

Correct and the reality is, Dance games and games like that are so far from the majority of sales it is laughable to imply that motion control is a dominating reason for sales. I will use a simple comparison. For the same Reasons touch screens will never replace mouse/keyboard in core games, motion control will never replace controllers for core games. Control simply is not and will never be precise and fast enough.

It's almost like I am in the AT forums sometimes now, surprised really. Never seen a dedicated troll account last long here.

I'd have said something like "touche" or misspelled another French word if I were dedicated to trolling or if you'd been more creative about insulting someone for posting something disagreeable to you. :p

I'd have said something like "touche" or misspelled another French word if I were dedicated to trolling or if you'd been more creative about insulting someone for posting something disagreeable to you. :p

I thought the Touche was a bird that looked like a cross between the Toucan and Che Guevara ... good to know it has another meaning ... you learn something new everyday :p

No I'm fairly confident of what you are, most all of your posts are meaningless and some even outright obvious. One post asking for help on ancient software is cute but not really character defining.

Back