Aliens: Colonial Marines Getting DLC?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC? This has to be some kind of joke. Oh well, if anything, this is good for a laugh.

The add-on is the final slice of DLC promised in the game's Season Pass, but the first to expand Aliens: Colonial Marines' single-player mode. Statis Interrupted has yet to be announced - we still don't know a release date or price - but the add-on's PlayStation Trophies leaked over the weekend.

Millions of people around the globe will be lining up for this feat of developer talent.

This is great news for the 5 people still trying to play that colony of bugs and glitches.

The most disappointing aspect is that Gearbox as the "top-tier-cool-kid-developer" still isn't mature enough to admit they made a mockery of a historically great IP. Things like that make me hesitate on my next Gearbox purchase, no matter how much of a Borderlands fan I am. No more pre-orders for sure.

Trying to stoke the flames of getting customers fooled into buying this game?

Aliens IP has a chance to be an amazing gaming franchise... but developers have no clue how to approach it.

Alien vs Predator 2 from 2001 was an awesome game. The storyline was epic, and the levels were incredibly vivid. I remember how much fan I had just exploring the levels and looking at the background images. They really gave off a sense that I was on an alien planet.

Aliens IP has a chance to be an amazing gaming franchise... but developers have no clue how to approach it.

No way! That movie is almost as old as Trek Wars which means the fanbase is pretty much in nursing homes already. I dunno what they're thinking trying to get money off people who are basically living off Medicare. :( That's exploitation and totally not in line with corporate ethics.

I've seen that "season pass" term used a lot for the last few years. Who and why spends money on such things? And no, I never bothered to find out exactly what it is. Sounds like a scam for complete idiots.

I've seen that "season pass" term used a lot for the last few years. Who and why spends money on such things? And no, I never bothered to find out exactly what it is. Sounds like a scam for complete idiots.

Um, doesn't that one poop train game have a season pass thing? I think the people who are selling the whole idea know their audience will fall for that kinda thing so they do it because it'll mean more money. It's sort of like there only being a ShamWow around because there's a demand for it.

No way! That movie is almost as old as Trek Wars which means the fanbase is pretty much in nursing homes already. I dunno what they're thinking trying to get money off people who are basically living off Medicare. :( That's exploitation and totally not in line with corporate ethics.

I resent that remark. :mad: :p

PS-many gamers are late-20 to 30-somethings, and guess what...would buy it, if the game was worth a damn.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you.

I resent that remark. :mad: :p

PS-many gamers are late-20 to 30-somethings, and guess what...would buy it, if the game was worth a damn.

Its not my fault that you're old. :D

Anyhow the thingey point-ish I wanted to make is that they're just reusing old ideas over and over again instead of making up something original. Its so dumb to see the same annoying movies that are pretty much awful to begin with made into yet another game. You have no idea how many times people have recycled that whole mouth breathing valve noise from the guy with the big black helmet and green sword from Star Track.

Its not my fault that you're old. :D

Anyhow the thingey point-ish I wanted to make is that they're just reusing old ideas over and over again instead of making up something original. Its so dumb to see the same annoying movies that are pretty much awful to begin with made into yet another game. You have no idea how many times people have recycled that whole mouth breathing valve noise from the guy with the big black helmet and green sword from Star Track.

You make the massive assertion that there are any original ideas in entertainment. I got a shocker for ya. It has ALL been done before. If it seems to you like it hasn't been done before, you simply haven't seen or read or heard enough to know it.

Do you also still ride around on a horse and try to pay for things with gold and silver?

Back