Apple Testing Local Voice Dictation for iOS

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Apple is tearing a page out of the Android voice input playbook and testing for a way to speed up the response time on Siri. Android uses a local on-device translator, where Siri sends input through their cloud service, slowing down the process.

Based on what Apple is testing, future versions of iOS could allow an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to process and convert speech from a user right on the device itself. This would speed up the process considerably

Apple following behind and doing a halfassed job at it, as always...

Damn our competitor has a smart idea. Let's copy it and say we did it first! People will buy it. They ALWAYS have in the past; and our fanboys/sheeple will back up our false claims!

Siri has never been slow for me, but I guess that has to do with network signal strength.

A friend at work is always indulging in "douchetation" with his iProduct. I want to slap him but the satisfaction I get from watching him fail time and time again is more than satisfaction enough.

Damn our competitor has a smart idea. Let's copy it and say we did it first! People will buy it. They ALWAYS have in the past; and our fanboys/sheeple will back up our false claims!
interesting revision of history

In all fairness OS X had local voice recognition years before Android, as well as Windows. So I think it's hard to say anyone copied anyone in this case.

Q: How many master degrees at Apple does it take to realize they f*cked up?
A: All of them.

It's about time. While offloading siri to Apples servers makes sense due to the potential size of the database.... it really didn't make any sense for using dictation. I can't count the number of times I'd try sending a text, hands free, in the car in a low signal area, only to have it not work (or take 5 mins to respond).

I never understood why they did that.

Back