FCC Approves SoftBank Merger with Sprint and Clearwire

The needs of the few, out way the needs of the many...

Oh geebus. I don't like the look of this. I joined Sprint and bought an EVO 4G with the EXPLICIT intent of using their Clearwire 4G network. I have a Clearwire tower 1 block behind my house. 3 days after my contract started, the Clearwire/Sprint contract torpedoed and I got screwed. It's been years, and my cellular internet has always been shit. Now we're going right back to were we were 4 years ago? Yeah.... that's not going to have the same conflicts and chaos.... not a chance.

Sprint will be much better now.. watch and learn how you destroy a bullshit industry by dropping prices and increasing service to the masses... (Atleast i hope he does what he did in japan to verizon and at&t since i ditched verizon and went sprint when i heard about the merger last year....

Oh geebus. I don't like the look of this. I joined Sprint and bought an EVO 4G with the EXPLICIT intent of using their Clearwire 4G network. I have a Clearwire tower 1 block behind my house. 3 days after my contract started, the Clearwire/Sprint contract torpedoed and I got screwed. It's been years, and my cellular internet has always been shit. Now we're going right back to were we were 4 years ago? Yeah.... that's not going to have the same conflicts and chaos.... not a chance.

Softbank has done well in Japan, not so well in the USA but their basic ideas should be good for sprint, lets hope anyway. Sprint was run like shit can it get any worse? Any change should be viewed as a positive.

Well, nothing can be as bad as the way Sprint's currently run. Been promised 4G in Phoenix since 2010 and have bupkis to show for it.

The needs of the few, out way the needs of the many...

*outweigh

If you're going to randomly quote something that is a complete non sequitur to what you are responding to, at least get the quote right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084726/quotes

"Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

*outweigh

If you're going to randomly quote something that is a complete non sequitur to what you are responding to, at least get the quote right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084726/quotes

"Spock: That is wise. Were I to invoke logic, however, logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few."

I was going to go with:

[after being surrounded by SoftBank in a starship simulator]

Sprint: Any suggestions, Admiral?

Clearwire: Prayer, Mr. Sprint. The SoftBank don't take prisoners.

This is a good thing, Sprint is going through it's group up overhaul of it's network now. Every site is getting new remote radios, antenna panels, fiber or microwave data connection and the old equipment junked. Signal at each site will increase by 3db, and with Nextel finally torpedoed they will start using the 700mhz bandwidth for voice and data to increase range of each site. Not to mention of course LTE.

All that Softbank cash will hopefully speed this process up. Though last I heard they were having trouble finding enough crews to do the work across the country. Each site takes a few days to complete after the local permits are lined up.

Back