How Fireworks Work

A few days to late, we just celebrated Canada Day up here. At least now I can explain to my brother in law why you don't throw spent fireworks into the fire pit.

When I was a kid you would get a shopping bag full of fireworks for about $20. And we would shoot fireworks for hours and be deaf and burned the rest of the week.

Now the same amount of fireworks cost $150. Sorry, I can't afford them anymore.

The indian reservation has something they called an M1000 firecracker.

It was about the size of a Redbull can. We had bought a bag of army men, and a 18" long plastic tank.

We set up the "mine" on a redwood picnic tablet and put the tank over it, and soldiers around it.

Lit the fuse with the camera running, and cleared back 150'.

TOO FOOKING CLOSE. :D :D :D

It was like somebody firing a .38 snub nose next each ear.

You could FEEL the heat from the blast. And I shit thee not, it made a mushroom cloud.

Some of us hit by shrapnel. Pieces rained down through the trees for over 30 seconds straight. Soldiers who were a foot away from the tank were torn into pieces. We never found any piece of the turret (think it's in orbit), and no tank fragment bigger than a quarter.

Neighbors from as far away as 2 miles came down the road to help with the plane crash or whatever made that wicked racket.

Worth $25 for a firecracker? You betcha. :D

A few days to late, we just celebrated Canada Day up here. At least now I can explain to my brother in law why you don't throw spent fireworks into the fire pit.
Too much chance involved. Always throw FRESH fireworks into the fire! :D:p

Back