45W AMD Richland APUs On The Horizon?

A10-6700T
Quad core 2.5Ghz
4MB L2
HD8650 @ 720Mhz (a little slower then others in lineup at higher TDP)

You know, it's bad when your read two paragraphs before you realize you been reading German, that you don't understand.:eek:

But it's both their lowest core speed and their lowest GPU clock.

Can it still play a BD or a 1080 mkv?

If not, stuff it.

But it's both their lowest core speed and their lowest GPU clock.

Can it still play a BD or a 1080 mkv?

If not, stuff it.

Their worst APU can play 1080. I think you're underestimating what performance you actually get from these chips.

After reading this thread, seems AMD really needs to continue working on their marketing if people here don't even know what their APUs can really do...

Their worst APU can play 1080. I think you're underestimating what performance you actually get from these chips.

Yeah, i was blown away with what you get from an E350 at what 17 watts? Play world of warcraft 1366x768 at 30fps and 7~ hours of battery life from a netbook.

Because I am a nice feller.
"On the CPU Suppport list of a motherboard manufacturer dive to new Richland APUs. In addition to business class versions there is a new T-series with 45 Watt TDP.

Display
Already of "Trintiy" APUs are known fro B-Series models. The letter "B" indicates the APU as a business class version that can be used by OEMs in corresponding complete systems. A continuation of the business class with the "Richland" generation would be consistent. seems really new T-series, AMD had so far not available. Apparently intended to offer spectrum and naming scheme of the great rival Intel APUs are those named in this manner analogous to go to more power efficient plants. MSI lists the two quad-core APU with a TDP of 45 watts. , the economy is achieved by low base clocks in x86 modules and graphics units: A10-6700T should therefore come with 2.5 GHz, the clock of the Radeon HD 8650D 720 MHz is. For comparison, the already available A10-6700 (65 watt TDP) uses a base clock of 3.7 GHz on the cores and 844 MHz for the integrated GPU."

By the way this sounds cool. I have good hopes for this.

And forgot the rest.
"The second model A8-6500t operates its modules even with gentle 2.1GHz, the Radeon HD 8550D also features a clock speed of 720 MHz (compared to A8-6500 with 65 Watt TDP: 3.5 GHz / 800 MHz) . However, AMD seems to leave it at the clock reductions, because the sizes of the L2 caches were not touched in the T-models. Even the names of the graphics units suggest that A10-6700T and A8-6500t are equipped with standard in within their respective series 384 respectively 256 Radeon cores. no disruption is the list about whether the T models come with turbos and how high this possibly fail - the existence of a turbo is, however, very likely from a technical perspective. Also no statement is of course according to the list of when and how AMD's T models come on the market: only for OEMs such as business class or even in retail."

After reading this thread, seems AMD really needs to continue working on their marketing if people here don't even know what their APUs can really do...

I was a little shy about doing a sidegrade from an Athlon II Quad to an A8... mainly because of all the crap people spew on these forums.

The switch was painless. Aside from a slight increase in time it takes to encode videos with Handbrake, it actually ended up being a generally nice boost (integrated northbridge helps) with lower wattage overall.

Main reason I actually bothered is because you can't get AM3 or AM3+ mITX boards anymore. I honestly can't complain about being on the A8. It's a nice chip.

I agree with techrat, these apus are really awesome. I look forward to upgrading the htpc with this.

I was a little shy about doing a sidegrade from an Athlon II Quad to an A8... mainly because of all the crap people spew on these forums.

The switch was painless. Aside from a slight increase in time it takes to encode videos with Handbrake, it actually ended up being a generally nice boost (integrated northbridge helps) with lower wattage overall.

Main reason I actually bothered is because you can't get AM3 or AM3+ mITX boards anymore. I honestly can't complain about being on the A8. It's a nice chip.

Yup, I found AMD APUs work VERY well. I have my DV6 per my sig below I use for gaming on the road, still takes everything in stride and dark brushed aluminum looks great in meetings when working too. Also picked up an Asus K55 with an A8 I use as a htpc / extra gaming machine in a pinch.

Very underrated machines, prices can't be beat either.

Back