Sell For $850M, Buy Back For $1M Deal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Selling your craptastic social media site for $850 million, and then buying it back for $1 million five years later, is the "holy crap" deal of the day. :eek:

It could be the bargain of the century or a triumph of hope over experience. The British founder of Bebo, the social network which briefly soared in the noughties, has bought back the company he originally sold for $850 million for just $1 million.

I can see Zuckerberg right now.

"Hmmmm."

AOL made some of the DUMBEST purchases back in those days... No wonder they're DEAD themselves now...

Yeah, I don't think there was anyone that thought this was a good buy at the time. Amazing.

Cha-ching!

AOL (All Out Laughing).

Wonder how much he can sell it back to AOL five years later?:D

AOL made some of the DUMBEST purchases back in those days... No wonder they're DEAD themselves now...

In b4 AOL announces another multi-million dollar deal. Seriously, every few months AOL comes out of nowhere with like $50 million plus purchase making everyone wonder how the hell they still have money.

A 20% increase in price over five years? Assuming the business is the same size, that's barely beating inflation.

A 20% increase in price over five years? Assuming the business is the same size, that's barely beating inflation.

It was bought for 1 Million with an M. Not Billion with a B.

Actually a 99.88% decrease in five years.....still not as hosed as I would be were I to sell my house now....

Well, considering the fact that AOL's biggest source of revenue is still Dial-up Internet service, you've got to wonder what's keeping them from imploding and creating a supermassive dot-com black hole that sucks the rest of the Internet in.

In b4 AOL announces another multi-million dollar deal. Seriously, every few months AOL comes out of nowhere with like $50 million plus purchase making everyone wonder how the hell they still have money.

They're still charging tech-challenged people from 10 years ago. There are a lot of stupid people who "can't live without their AOL email accounts" or simply don't realize that they're still making payments for a service they're not using.

To be fair, I do have the free AOL account for my e-mail. Have had it for many years, and as long as I don't have to pay anything i'm fine with it. :)

To be fair, I do have the free AOL account for my e-mail. Have had it for many years, and as long as I don't have to pay anything i'm fine with it. :)

That is not [H]ard.

:confused:

Hehe...Had those accounts a LONG time....:p
For e-mail and stuff it's fine..Anything else, not so much.

Back