Must See Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
These people behind the video we showed you last year (here) have another physics video out that you have to see. I like how the description says "This cliff is MUCH steeper than it looks." I don't know, it looks pretty damn steep to me. :cool:

I can't wait for BeamNG. I actually have their site bookmarked and check it every other day or so to see if they've released a demo yet! Certainly impressive.

to me that does not look realistic at all but i like the way parts fly off the car but i just don't think a car would flip end over end like that and jump that high in the air. but it does show promise once they refine it

Yeah not bad but needs tweaking still.

The car looked to be moving at a totally different speed (slower) than the scenery was moving past.

It didn't seem to 'sync up' till towards the end.

Weightless vehicles that parts seemingly never fall off of? That's the "Must Watch" video of the day?

Must be a slow news day.

Clearly the physics engine is totally borked: everyone knows that cars explode as soon as the bumpers touch anything solid.

Weightless vehicles that parts seemingly never fall off of? That's the "Must Watch" video of the day?

Must be a slow news day.

While it would be neat to see something like that implemented in a game, I have to agree. The cars appear to be weightless objects bouncing down a hill with no real regard for gravity and damage that simply isn't realistic enough considering how extreme of a drop that would have been.

Impressive, but there would be much more impact to the ground/environment.. rocks and dirt flying, etc. I did enjoy the wheel spinning by at the end though.

The car at the end was pretty crushed up, this is still far better than anything else right now. Wheels should have all been ripped off and I'm not sure if that door that was mangled ended up closing perfectly?!

I like how long the windshield stayed uncracked. I want one! A freakin pebble hoses mine.

Very cool. There would be a lot more damage, but nice to see in action.

Yes, there should be a lot more damage. When my dad wrapped his deuce and a quarter around a concrete bridge pylon and fell into nothingness down a ravine embankment, only to be stopped by a river, there was a lot less car left than in this physics demo. Also there's no way the tires should still be attached. They need more work on their engine. But I will admit it has a nice start. :)

Was interesting... the only problem with demos on physics is, you can only show the events with as much data as you provide. Every possibility, for every part and every outcome simply can't be programed. You just end up with an interesting cartoon that largely ignores what would really happen. Good effort though.

For all those saying that the vehicles are weightless and they are ignoring gravity/etc, you guys are just not interpreting what you are seeing correctly,Everything is falling down a steep cliff, although it kind of looks like stuff is travelling sideways through a valley, when it is actually falling down a cliff the shape of a V. It is truly quite realistic, but I do think that more parts of the car would fall off, especially when the car starts spinning pretty good.

I used to play Rigs of Rods back in the day, used to be fun to play with others and just ride around exploring the maps.

Back