Firing An AK-47 Underwater In Slow Motion

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Smarter Every Day decided to put an AK-47 in a fish tank and pull the trigger while recording the whole thing with a high speed camera. The best part? The gun fires faster underwater! :eek:

Soooooo that's what free time looks like. Cool video, wish they had a better camera to capture the event though.

Love the way the bolt shakes and shimmies. AK's are amazing that they just work.

I think he should have known that the side of the aquarium was going to blow out. That is a lot of pressure.

Tempered glass? Smarter everyday my ass! In all honesty though, dude does have some cool vids.

Tempered glass? Smarter everyday my ass! In all honesty though, dude does have some cool vids.

Man I usually have some cool projects going on; or things that need innovative fixes people would like to learn.

How much money can you make doing YouTube videos??

This guy isn't very bright if he couldn't have thought through that before having to do the experiment..

Man I usually have some cool projects going on; or things that need innovative fixes people would like to learn.

How much money can you make doing YouTube videos??

Anywhere from $2 to $5 per 1,000 views, from what I've read. Google "How much does Google Adsense pay per Youtube view" for more. People who participate in the Adsense program are prohibited from disclosing how much they earn.

Its amazing how much play there is in the AK action.

Yeah, they were originally designed to have a lot of "slop" in the mechanism so dirt and debris wouldn't cause them to jam.
The down side is that the AK is notoriously inaccurate compared to the "good guy" weapons like the M16 or M14. ;)

Yeah, they were originally designed to have a lot of "slop" in the mechanism so dirt and debris wouldn't cause them to jam.
The down side is that the AK is notoriously inaccurate compared to the "good guy" weapons like the M16 or M14. ;)

Who cares about accuracy when i can spray 30 bullets down range while the action is full of mud and water. The AK was designed as a weapon to be used in real war where the gun will get dirty and not cleaned for a few days but still needs to perform, accurate or not.

Guns are not actually powered by gunpowder and compressed gas like he says in the video. FACT: Guns are powered by Jim Carrey's tears.

Who cares about accuracy when i can spray 30 bullets down range while the action is full of mud and water. The AK was designed as a weapon to be used in real war where the gun will get dirty and not cleaned for a few days but still needs to perform, accurate or not.

Actually I think it is more a testament to soviet design philosophy when it came to implements of war.
That was, make it reliable and cheap to mass produce. Accuracy or effectiveness isn't a top priority.

It blew out the primer--that makes me worry a bit that he might have damaged the bolt or chamber, too. Or, heck, the gas system.

Back