Amsterdam Poster Reveals Sony PS4 Launch Date

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
As usual, retailers who get promotional material by mistake are the ones we get our release date information from and Sony’s PS4 release is no different. Take it for what it’s worth, but a poster proclaiming the release date of November 13th was spotted in Amsterdam.

That being said, this poster was spotted in Amsterdam, so it may not necessarily be reflective of the release date we get in North America. It should be around the same window, though.

Makes some sense at least. It will probably have a decent Black Friday sale depending on quantity available at the time.

The date might not be as important as the number of consoles available ;)
Artificial shortage and Ebay gauging sucks

I wouldn't be surprised if the eBay gouging has already begun with "pre-order" units.

Sounds about right to me. That would let stores sell through their initial shipment and have time to restock for Black Friday.

Not buying until ffxv hits anyhow. Didn't even bother buying my usual few to throw on eBay. Market to fickle this year.

No, Media Markt may not be quite as large a retail outlet as a Walmart or a Best Buy, but that poster is looking pretty legitimate.

From Wikipedia:
Media Markt is a German chain of stores selling consumer electronics with numerous branches throughout Europe and Asia. It is Europe's largest retailer of consumer electronics, and the second largest in the world after American retailer Best Buy.

Americans always think everything outside the USA is small and insignificant :p

From Wikipedia:

Americans always think everything outside the USA is small and insignificant :p

Hell, I'm shocked Best Buy is the largest considering I don't know anyone who actually shops there for anything. Of course since there's a best buy every 2 miles it seems, I guess someone's gotta be shopping there.

Back