Coolest Birthday Party Ever

HardOCP News

[H] News
A dad in Florida rented out an entire movie theater so his son can play video games on the big screen with his friends. Awesome dad is awesome.

And just in case you were thinking that Jonah must be extremely spoiled, let me just tell you something totally awesome that will make you think, “Man, that kid really deserved an awesome party.” Jonah has Type 1 Diabetes and regularly does fundraising events for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and The Walk To Cure Diabetes. A pretty cool kid that deserves a cool birthday party.

When I was an assistant manager for a movie theater 8 years ago, I wanted to do this for our employee's but our projectors at the time were too old school and didn't have the hookups for it. We did end up bringing in multiple xboxes though and doing a small lan party on tv's. Really awesome, though.

$300 to rent out a theater and they provide all the soda and pizza you want? Damn not a bad price at all. Doubly so if you don't need to do any clean up afterwards :D

Props to the dad, sure this helped his "cool" rating among his son's friends! Great idea.

That kid has one cool dad.

My dad used to work at a place that had movie theater in it. and for one of my birthdays we went there after hours and watched saving private Ryan, (i hadn't seen it before) which was awesome. :D

Apparently the barber shop was booked up already.

(yeah, I'll be that guy)

Awesome party... I got to go to a museum once... when I returned the neighbors dog we were sitting had shit on my bed and ate half my b-day cake. Funny when I look back, at the time it wasn't so funny though.

Man $300... Well worth it, a typical part can cost nearly as much and is not nearly as cool.

Our local theater lets you rent out rooms for birthday parties. It's fairly expensive, but I never had to because I had a 135" projection screen in the living room. I haven't been to the movies in a long time...

You can rent movie theater easily around here... its cool , but not THAT original

$300 to rent out a theater and they provide all the soda and pizza you want? Damn not a bad price at all. Doubly so if you don't need to do any clean up afterwards :D
Yeah I clicked expecting some rich white kid having an extravagantly priced spoilfest but heck $300 is a total steal and I'm surprised this isn't a daily event. I can't imagine it's new, the staff seemed to already know how to set it up and probably had the consoles already.

The kid got a cool party and the cinema made a few bucks. Ebert would give this four stars.

Wow, that's local to me....HMMM. Me thinks i need to talk to some people:D

We did that for my bachelor party. We played Mario (yes, the first one) and Mario was just as big as my friend. We also played newer games, like goldeneye and Contra. ;-)

How much could i charge to let em play in my Basement? The Ps3 and Xbox are hooked up in my movie theater, Panasonic PT-AE8000U projector with a 110in Carada screen
roomlc.jpg

How much could i charge to let em play in my Basement? The Ps3 and Xbox are hooked up in my movie theater, Panasonic PT-AE8000U projector with a 110in Carada screen

Impressive collection :eek: Are the consoles all still working?

I could spend an entire summer in there.

i wonder... what resolution is a typical movie theater screen? how could they possibly play those console games?

Back