Wolfenstein: The New Order Interview

Looks like it could be cool, kinda sounds like they made it like Resistance for the PS3. Except Nazi's instead of aliens.

Well done for making me feel old! Yes, I played the original Wolfenstein on the Apple ][+ in the early 1980s.

Well done for making me feel old! Yes, I played the original Wolfenstein on the Apple ][+ in the early 1980s.

I was introduced to the Wolfenstein franchise through this:

shot1.jpg

And I thought I was old :p

Looks like its going to be generic crap. Won't be as bad as Colonial Marines, but close.

I understand games arent all about graphics...but after ID's last flunk rage; wouldn't the next one at least attempt at some sort of redemption? Is it just me or are the graphics sub standard?

I understand games arent all about graphics...but after ID's last flunk rage; wouldn't the next one at least attempt at some sort of redemption? Is it just me or are the graphics sub standard?

It's not being made by iD. It's just their IP.

I loved Wolfenstein 3D, RTCW, and even the latest one, but something about this game and dev screams "don't buy me on day one". I always buy id and id related titles on day one but not this one. The guy pretty much lost me when he said they aim for some sort of story driven experience. Fuck you.

Zarathustra[H];1039968289 said:
For some reason I was thinking about Factory Records...

The background music will be "Blue Monday" looped over and over.

Looks like its going to be generic crap. Won't be as bad as Colonial Marines, but close.

Well really, what else is there to do with FPS games that hasn't been done to death already? I mean, they're already using a 40 year old game idea so they're probably counting on the name to capture interest and make sales for them instead of depending on making the game fun. Just look at all those Star Wars games that were basically like some other game with a bunch of heavy breathing sound effects added and guns swapped out with lazorz like, um, Battlefront or whatever that was a Battlefield reskin.

Yep, me too but it was Castle Wolfenstein on the Commodore 64. 1983 I think it was.

CastleWolfensteinC64.png

I'm not really liking what I'm hearing from the developer. Less focus on guns, more focus on "story" and "experience"... that screams of super-linear "on rails" console fodder. I suppose I'll have to wait for the demo to see if this is worth investigating.

The cutting torch was kinda cool. I wanna cut off limbs with it though. :(

Looks kinda boring otherwise.

Back