CryEngine 3 Support Formally Confirmed for PS4

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Crytek has joined the growing number of developers who are on board and announcing their company’s support for the next-gen consoles. Crytek confirmed on Friday what most already assumed: CryEngine 3 will support the new PlayStation 4.

Not only will this let Crytek port its CryEngine-based games to the PS4, but it will also allow other companies that license the engine to port their games to the next-gen console.

Isn't this one of those "Duh" things? I mean, any reason why it wouldn't work? Lots of tech sites are reporting this yet I fail to see what's so news worthy about it...

In other unrleated news: Gasoline found to be useful in powering car AS WELL AS SMALL SUV's - ZOMG! Let's write an article about it.

There would be something really really wrong if a game engine designed for x86 wouldn't wind up running on new consoles toting that architecture.

I'm sure there are all sorts of little bells and whistles a developer will have to add though to get it to comply to the new communist style iron fist of DRM that is in every next gen xbox (and maybe PS4)

Back