Mad Catz Project Mojo Takes on Ouya, GamePop

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Mad Catz has announced the upcoming release of Project M.O.J.O. to be introduced at the upcoming E3 Expo next week. The project is described as an ‘Android micro console’ that will add another player in what is shaping up to become a turf war of sorts for Android powered gaming consoles.

Good. May the one with the most reliability and customer support win. Either way, we win.

Unless of course because they each compete with each other getting a slice of the pie no one really makes it big, and support drops for all as a resort.

there does get to be a point in economics were having too many options actually hurts the consumer.

Unless of course because they each compete with each other getting a slice of the pie no one really makes it big, and support drops for all as a resort.

there does get to be a point in economics were having too many options actually hurts the consumer.

Then be negative about it. I think we'll be just fine.

Then be negative about it. I think we'll be just fine.
This, but this seems more appealing than OUYA. I was wondering how long it would take for a bigger company with more resources to take their idea and just pump more $$$ and experience at it.

This is something I'll be interested in given how many games I already own for android.

This, but this seems more appealing than OUYA. I was wondering how long it would take for a bigger company with more resources to take their idea and just pump more $$$ and experience at it.

This is something I'll be interested in given how many games I already own for android.

Yeah, the fact it already runs stock Android and it has a Tegra4 gives it a bonus. Make a good little media brick if they come in at $99. I can't imagine they'll try to price above the Ouya.

Yeah, the fact it already runs stock Android and it has a Tegra4 gives it a bonus. Make a good little media brick if they come in at $99. I can't imagine they'll try to price above the Ouya.

I do

I'm thinking about $150, but since the SHIELD is $350, this one could go upwards $250.

Honestly... Im kind of looking at it like a cheap media center PC or cheap car PC... looks legit.

This is where the winner is the company with the biggest bank account wins. OUYA probably still has investment money they haven't used yet so they may actually win that competition.

I've used a mouse and touchpad with an adroid device and neither replace something intended for a touch screen. The games and apps need to be designed to natively used these devices.

even though its a tegra 4, without some kind of store or widespread support, some games will always eat a bowl of nuts on a non-touch....unless hopefully devs just add controller support to menus, etc on their own. this will be a win for all android consoles if they do. madcatz is big enough to maybe get some devs to do it on their own. games that are great for controllers should be marketed as such. maybe a third party portal. ouya2 would be wise to wait for logan. a few more months to get some decent performance instead of 2 releases, one which would only match current offerings. use the already built relationship with nvidia to get some tegra5 chips as early as possible and get at it :)

This is where the winner is the company with the biggest bank account wins. OUYA probably still has investment money they haven't used yet so they may actually win that competition.

Mad Catz is an established brand that has been around awhile.

Everyone who hangs out on tech sites know about OUYA, but what about the average consumer?

Mad Catz is an established brand that has been around awhile.
Established companies rarely have a huge patients for hemorrhaging money when they are making money elsewhere. Ouya raised $8 million but was asking for $1 million. They have some hold-over money unless they grossly underestimated things and have no other activity to focus on.

Honestly... Im kind of looking at it like a cheap media center PC or cheap car PC... looks legit.

That's what I'm thinking too... I used to just use my laptop, but my wife has grown more and more accustomed to using the laptop when I want to watch a movie... so yeah MC here we come!

Back