ASUS Republic Of Gamers Maximus VI Hero

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Legit Reviews crew called the overall performance of the ASUS Republic Of Gamers Maximus VI Hero "absolutely flawless." If an upgrade is in your future, you probably want to give this review a look.

ASUS is known for their quality, the Republic of Gamers motherboards and Graphics cards are known for an excessive amount of quality! Today we have one such board for you, the ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus VI Hero Intel Z87 Motherboard. The ASUS ROG Maximus Hero is a Republic of Gamers board at a value price, well at least compared to other ROG motherboards. It retails well below the top branded ROG Maximus VI Extreme and will give those that couldn't get an ROG board before, the opportunity now!

Too bad they failed on getting this to stores in time for (or at least within the same week of) launch day. This was the board I wanted but I went with Gigabyte because once that processor from microcenter was sitting on my desk at home I couldn't wait any longer to get a motherboard to put it in.

Gotta love the name. Might as well call it Asus Guild Of 1337 Awesomeness C Champion. It's like marketing gone out of control.

Looks like the MSI Gaming accomplishes the same benchmarks in gaming and it's cheaper.

So torn between this, the Asus Formula and the Asrock OC formula...

I am in the same boat as you. I guess we will have to wait until the AsRock OC Formula is reviewed and then we can see how it compares to the Asus Maximums VI Hero

I really wish the Asus Formula or Hero was available to buy, very disappointed and I hope I do not pull the trigger on something else.

Have anybody noticed a spelling error on the Asus Z87 Pro box? It's on the outside box, in the back, under one of the pictures, the wireless antenna. I noticed it right away glancing for the features. Instead of "...Dual Band..." - it's spelled: "..Dual Baud..." I hope Asus realize the misspelled word and issue a new box right away. Not sure how it escaped the proofreader (if there were any).

Another review... Considering the Maximus VI Formula, Hero or Asrock OC Formula. For the Formula i love the look of it but let's see the price. The Hero look good and it has what i need, for example better audio and i love Rog board i had the Maximus 2 Formula i think it was, the only thing the Hero don't have is the wifi antenna would love it has one integrated. I have a question with any Rog Board or Asus Board does the Rog OC Panel will work? Asus said they will sell the OC Panel appart.... or it will work with any board? i think it will only work for Rog boards.
The MSI are not bad either but i prefer Asus or Asrock.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/ASUS-Maximus-VI-HERO-Motherboard/1780

Last edited:
Any word on release date for this thing? Amazon lists it as 2 to 4 weeks.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
looks like Asus added alot of specialzed sound tweaks to this, if it holds as true better mic / quality sounds across all apps this, is a real treat value then.

Some mobo's claim good game sound but then fail just watching a movie or something different, at the same time.

Hope to find a review site that will delve into the sound of this board with multi-tasking in mind games, movies music, ventrilo/skyp ect ect at the same time running, this is where most fail.

If it does as claims, then im all in for this board. No static when multi-tasking mic/speakers/headphones/

Any word on release date for this thing? Amazon lists it as 2 to 4 weeks.

My Amazon order for the Hero was placed on 6/2. They sent me an email last night saying they had talked to Asus and expect to get stock sometime between 6/28 and 7/9.

Asus support said they were told that the first shipment of Hero and Maximus VI Extreme boards have an ETA of 6/17. They also told me that the Hero (and presumably Extreme) has not been released in the US yet.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Never mind either TD's, Newegg has it for just $229.99.

My Amazon order for the Hero was placed on 6/2. They sent me an email last night saying they had talked to Asus and expect to get stock sometime between 6/28 and 7/9.

Asus support said they were told that the first shipment of Hero and Maximus VI Extreme boards have an ETA of 6/17. They also told me that the Hero (and presumably Extreme) has not been released in the US yet.

Newegg already has it Extreme in stock. But it's $399.99, still cheaper than Gigabyte's Z87-OC, though.

Back