A Peek At Antec's New A-I-O Cooling System

mmkay? I have had two pumps fail before I EVER had a fan fail. Seems boneheaded to me.

Great! But I really don't care about CPU'S anymore. Good luck!

I cant see what advantage this brings but perhaps being able to use an AIO wc unit in a system that needs a small cpu heatsink as possible.

So you guys know for sure it's a failure before getting any details about it?

Those fans don't look great, and it looks like you wont be able to upgrade them... So they really really have to be...

I don't really see the point, it will also link the pump and fan speed, most of the time the pumps are not to bad, but the fans that come on theses units are very loud in most cases, and in this case changing them out to say some low RPM GT's, is just not going to happen.

I feel it's a bad idea.
In the long run I see it as more expensive approach.
One part fails you need to buy a whole new unit?

I have a feeling this will be offered to OEMs and not to the retail channel. The fact the fan cannot be upgraded is a big fail IMO.

Is the water routed through the radiator? (maybe along it's side)
Would be interesting to see if this helps it's cooling performance.

Still, I personally prefer being able to use our own fans (love my Gentle Typhoon)

"god, I wish that my watercooler had proprietary fans that I can't customize!"

-nobody ever.

Everyone keeps telling me the AIO coolers are "The best!" etc, and after lots of pressure I got a H100i to replace my Zalman 9900max

Hooked it up, my max temp was 65c with my i7 2600k at 4.5ghz at 1.350 volts with my Zalman before it, and with the H100i I got.....65c......

Took the cooler off, re-mounted it, and again, max was 65c again.

Mind you I modded my Zalman 9900 max to have 2 Noctua P14 FLX fans on it, but I shouldn't have been getting the same temperatures as what was being touted as a watercooler.

Also I still don't trust pump failures, everyone keeps telling me horror stories of H100i/H110's that pumps die and kills the CPU, I guess if I was going to go watercooling I would buy a real dedicated loop and cooler

Honestly if Corsair wanted me to take them seriously, take the pump OFF the CPU block and have it mounted to the bottom or side of the radiator! Then they could put on a REAL waterblock for the CPU cooler to keep it cool, the one corsair gives you is crap cause the pump isn't strong enough to build up enough pressure to push the fluid through tightly spaced fins

Over complicated, over priced, and horrible performance/price ratio.......but that's just my guess.

I'm not too fond of the design. I'm keeping from forming an opinion until performance reviews are out.

At least you'll know for sure if the pump isn't working.

and if it fails, put a powerful fan on the other side of the radiator to get the fan to spin the pump FTW!

Back