Sony President Trolls Everyone

HardOCP News

[H] News
While it was certainly good for a chuckle, Sony better not have any DRM after Shuhei Yoshida's little stunt. :p

This morning, Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida, one of the few Sony execs who is active on Twitter and hasn't addressed the campaign yet, responded in the best way possible: by trolling everyone.

Eh, I guess that's pretty funny.

If the PS4 doesn't have some of the harsh DRM restrictions that the Xbox One is rumored to have, it would really tilt the scales in Sony's favor this console generation.

It wont take long before customers see that PS4 games are selling used for cheap and XBOX 1 is restrictive BS.

I hope Sony follows through.

If Sony does this, I would expect M$ to lighten its stance on used games to rope consumers in, but make an online registration mandatory to use them, in the end killing their usefullness toward the end of "product life". Ultimately just to cause pain and confusion to the customer.

I think it is pretty funny that people get so bent out of shape, sign petitions, write angry letters about products that aren't released yet.

I think it is pretty funny that people get so bent out of shape, sign petitions, write angry letters about products that aren't released yet.

kinda necessary if your goal is to influence features that a product may or may not have before it's released

Cause once the product is released, those features can be disabled or removed? You know, like Linux for PS3? :rolleyes:

Eh, I guess that's pretty funny.

If the PS4 doesn't have some of the harsh DRM restrictions that the Xbox One is rumored to have, it would really tilt the scales in Sony's favor this console generation.

Which is weird, because Sony has patents that sound very similar to what the Xbox One is rumoured to do.

Cause once the product is released, those features can be disabled or removed? You know, like Linux for PS3? :rolleyes:

I agree with your statement, but seriously linux on the ps3 was a non-argument. That truly was just people being asses for no reason other than to complain.

Back