Kim Dotcom: I Own The Two-Step Authentication System

HardOCP News

[H] News
Not only does Kim Dotcom claim he holds the patent on the two-step authentication system, he says he'll sue if Google and Facebook don't help fund his court battle with the U.S. Government. Wait, why does he need money? I thought Dotcom claimed his new Mega was a huge success?

Kim Dotcom has announced that he is the inventor of the so-called two-step authentication system and has a patent to prove it. The Megaupload founder says the security mechanism, which has just been introduced by Twitter, is being used by U.S. companies more than a billion times every week without permission. Dotcom says he doesn’t want to sue, but might if the likes of Google and Facebook don’t help fund his legal battle with the U.S. Government.

Why do any of America's top CEOs need more money? Most of them are already rich enough to buy a small country.

Greed knows no bounds, and too much is never enough.

rofl this asshat needs to stop with the coke parties he is becoming seriously delusional...

Reading the patent, it IS a patent for a two factor authentication system. The main difference I see is that the language of the patent does not fully genericisize the nature of and origination of the auth token sent to the authorization system.

This sounds like you run the equivalent of safeword one time use password generation software on the input machine based on some generic sort of user input (pin, password, or nothing is unclear), the LOCAL machine generates the token. That token gets sent to the auth machine, and via a separate path that auth machine sends an access code to a geographically coincident monitor (which I guess COULD be on a cell phone) so that you can type it in and log in.

It sounds like an improvement patent on stuff safeword (or whatever they are called now) already did at the time with regards to their software only version of their cards/fobs. To ensure that you weren't talking to a copy or a stolen palm device or laptop (which was a genuine issue with a pinless card or software setup).

The process is essentially the same, except for the local client doesn't generate jack. Not sure if that is enough to beat the patent claim.

I know everyone hates this guy. But I think he's awesome. At the very least he is amusing.

Maybe they should just say, well we downloaded it off Mega's own site, and we all know everything there is legal right?

there is no such thing as enough money especially if you are already rolling in it.

I know everyone hates this guy. But I think he's awesome. At the very least he is amusing.

Same here. He has every single trait that I despise in a person, yet for some reason I can't help liking him.

Pretty cool move by the guy. And yes, I kind of like him.

I believe he's trolling, though. One cannot expect Google, Facebook and the likes to turn against the entity that controls their faith. I mean, look what happened to Microsoft. They thought they are powerful and all and got slapped pretty badly by both US and EU.

I like the guy, and to think. if the US just stayed in their sand box and left him alone (who is in a different country doing his own thing) Then we would of never heard of him. Now's that the US used their power of influence to screw around with him, he's back with a better website thats harder to screw with and he has a hard on to take the US to court now.

I really don't think we would of heard from him if he was left alone..

Because he's a fat greedy c**t who should never have been allowed to enter New Zealand. It will soon be easier to have a list of people kimdotfatbastard.com is not suing.

"I really don't think we would of heard from him if he was left alone.. "
I would have to disagree on that. He was a scammer before he did the whole megaupload thing and was known from that and his crazy antics in stuff like the gumball rallies. That was why he fled numerous countries, changed his name, and ended up in NZ. He made crazy videos of his 'baller' pirate lifestyle and was reported to be making hundreds of millions of dollars yearly from megaupload before it turned into the government sideshow that has never fully ended... All of that said, I kind of think it would be hilarious if his patent was deemed legit and he ended up making a ton of cash off of it. You can call him a lot of things, but I don't think he is an idiot.

Some guys here should read the actual article (Steve as well) before making pathetic comments.

So many clueless posters left and right... and yes, i am staring at you including Steve <.<

RTFA people!

I definitely get the same likable scoundrel impression. Kind of like Quark from DS9...I was going to say Lando at first, but I don't like him that much.

Back