Microsoft and NFL Announce Multiyear Landmark Partnership

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. and the NFL today announced a multiyear, landmark partnership that will deliver truly unique interactive NFL television experiences for the next-generation Xbox One and leverage Microsoft devices and services to evolve the in-game, sideline experience for coaches, players and other personnel.

The agreement provides Microsoft with the rights to create exclusive interactive experiences through products such as Xbox One and Surface, transforming the way fans will experience the NFL in the years to come. The NFL on Xbox will provide fans with an all-new viewing experience through innovations around Skype and Xbox SmartGlass; an all-new, innovative fantasy football solution allowing fans to view players and live competition side by side on a single TV screen; and a personalized NFL destination featuring information about the players, teams and games fans care about most. Xbox also retains the exclusive rights to extend these interactive experiences to tablets, enabling fans to use Xbox SmartGlass technology to enhance game day.

I don't get it. They're going to let you see fantasy football stats during the game? No thanks, there's already too much distracting stuff flying around the screen during games. I just want to watch the game. This sounds like something for the severe ADD market.

And it still doesn't say you can stream the games. I'm assuming you still need Sunday ticket or something to watch the ones you want.:rolleyes:

Back