Take The Twitter Spelling Test

So they don't tell you what you got wrong, and it seems like more of a grammar test, no?

From what I can tell, it could merely be a random number generator used to cut Grammar Nazis egos down a notch. If we think about it, the most egregious offenders really could care less if their grammar is correct and would not take this test.

I only got 85% but I am heavily dependent on spell checkers ... it does make you lazy on spelling front ;)

After finishing the test, the website continued to load for 30 mins, never giving me a score, oh well.

So they don't tell you what you got wrong, and it seems like more of a grammar test, no?

Yes, it's more of a grammar test than a spelling test. While there are spelling questions the majority of them are grammar based questions, and some of them seem to be kind of off the deep end as far as words people would really use on twitter and not attempt to shorten in any way, shape or form.

Oh and his Mr Oatmeal's snooty "I'm better than you" attitude it seems is rife with errors too since a great many of the answers were capitalized when they shouldn't have been :p

From what I can tell, it could merely be a random number generator used to cut Grammar Nazis egos down a notch. If we think about it, the most egregious offenders really could care less if their grammar is correct and would not take this test.

Yeah I think the results are bs. I got an 80%. Doesn't show what I got wrong either so no way of knowing. Still highly doubt I got 4 of those wrong.

Yeah I think the results are bs. I got an 80%. Doesn't show what I got wrong either so no way of knowing. Still highly doubt I got 4 of those wrong.

The test is pretty accurate as far as what is the right answer or not.

Oh and his Mr Oatmeal's snooty "I'm better than you" attitude it seems is rife with errors too since a great many of the answers were capitalized when they shouldn't have been :p

Some of his comics are awesome & others are quite condescending.

I got 100% even if my native language is french :eek:

95%...doh! Wondering which one I got wrong now.

I bet its one of the how many S or other letters the word has, which is pretty anal question. Its really hard to remember that, especially when you see all those options in front of you and you start to second guess yourself.

Anyway, I got 90% right. Not a bad score for a Finnish who does not speak english natively. And I am sure the wrong ones are the one or two I mentioned above.

It's like they made a test out of things that annoy me.

Now they need a test to find out if people are cart dumpers at super markets and whether their children are completely feral or not.

I got 75%, I wish it would've told me what I got wrong. I pride myself on correct grammar and spelling, and a few of the questions might have been a tad "bias" depending on what region of the world you're in. US English vs UK English etc.

Yes, I think the results are BS. I got 80%. It doesn't show what I got wrong either; so there is no way of knowing this. I still highly doubt that I got 4 of those wrong.

Really? :p

Some of his comics are awesome & others are quite condescending.

They are condescending for a reason, part of Mr Inman's humor. Some fine it "offensive" -- that's the point, get people talking about it. The subtleness of getting things intentionally wrong is amusing in itself. Plus, most critics are just jealous that he can publicly rant about stuff on the internet (that may or may not matter) and people pay attention to him, and not them when then rant ;)

90, and I know which two I got wrong. I always needs a spell check for occurrence and Embarrassment.

My only two achilles heels.

100%. Embarrassment was a guess, because I always have to check that one (my fingers always want to short stroke one of the double letters).

They are condescending for a reason, part of Mr Inman's humor. Some fine it "offensive" -- that's the point, get people talking about it. The subtleness of getting things intentionally wrong is amusing in itself. Plus, most critics are just jealous that he can publicly rant about stuff on the internet (that may or may not matter) and people pay attention to him, and not them when then rant ;)

I read them regardless of content since I understand the humor well enough. His mantis shrimp comic is my new fave.

I only scored 90% which is dis-heartening for someone who won the fourth grade spelling bee. :p

I got 100%, but I can't say I didn't have to think about a couple of the questions.

Back