8 Years Ago Today, the Xbox 360 Was First Announced

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Boy, time flies when you’re having fun. It sure doesn’t seem like it’s been eight years since the Xbox was announced, but if you were watching MTV eight years ago, you would have witnessed the announced birth of the Xbox. Not to take away from this anniversary, the next generation Xbox is set to be revealed in nine days at Redmond’s Xbox Campus. Déjà vu all over again. :D

The irony of the Xbox holding back the PC, people don't need to upgrade their PC and so they're not buying copies of windows as much as they would have.

The graphics certainly remind me it's been 8 years since it launched...
This is the argument I hear from console fans about why consoles are so fantastic.

For nearly a decade they don't HAVE to upgrade, so its so much cheaper. Of course, the proper way to word that is for nearly a decade, they HAVE to buy the same archaic hardware every time it red-rings, and can't upgrade to new technology and have to suffer with antiquated graphics.

Even if I didn't enjoy cheaper PC games, more peripheral options, and mods, thanks but no thanks... I'll keep my equipment modern and not be limited to the crap graphics that decade old technology is able to produce! :D

I watched and some chick brought it in a messenger bag and pictures of it back stage was thrown on the internet a day before.

I'm curious as to what Microsoft comes up with. While there's some games I'll always want a PC for (SimCity as soon as it stops sucking, Heroes of Might and Magic series, Civilization, etc), I still don't like hooking it up to the TVs as a primary gaming machine.

wow that long ago?!? its amazing how popular an 8 yr old piece of hardware still is today.

The graphics certainly remind me it's been 8 years since it launched...

Sure, they aren't high end PC quality, but they really do stand the test of time. I think they still look very good for an 8 year old system. Some of the newer games look really nice.

An 8 year old $300 (or $400) PC couldn't say the same. :D

I prefer PC for gaming, but the Xbox 360 isn't that bad for being 8 years old. Not at all.

....but if you were watching MTV eight years ago, you would have witnessed....

And MTV's brightest stars would have been in the 2nd grade :cool:

16-and-Pregnant.jpg

Back