Funny Windows 8 Ad

If I had to use windows 8, I'd plunk/smack my face down on my keyboard too, probably repeatedly until the head trauma allows me to no longer be bothered by the operating system.

Win 8 still looks like shit, but those women were cutie.
As for being fast, haven't tried it....

Windows 8 is actually pretty fast. I run it at work. Although the major help to having it be fast is that I use classic shell so I never have to use metro ever. I just don't get as much done when my dual 24" monitors can only show me 4 windows, 2 of which are 1/4 of the screen.

They were both different. However, it just goes to show you, there really is a world outside the borders of our USA.

I think what I find would help is if there were to create a tutorial like the one for Office 2013. It runs well you are downloading and installing Office and that would be a big help for users.

win8 looks more like win7 without the makeup... which imo is fine, makeup is distracting and cheap looking anyways

I could only hope my girlfriend puts on makeup as fast as the third lady does... hilarious ad, nonetheless. :D

First the third asian women wasn't all the good looking. Windows 8 is not so fast as soon as you disable asynchronous Group Policy processing in a domain environment. In fact its slower then 7. My Mac Mini actually boots up quicker then 8.

To me the whole commercial screams we slapped on some makeup in 9 seconds on the same shit.

Yet again proving MS marketing team sucks nut sucks because they can't demonstrate actual functionality of a product.
Dancing Hipsters
Guys Playing Ping pong with their assholes
Women slathering make up..

What the fuck has that to do with any functionality? I will admit it was a bit funny tho, still no fucking clue what they were trying to convene in the commercial.

Yet again proving MS marketing team sucks nut sucks because they can't demonstrate actual functionality of a product.
Dancing Hipsters

They are working to make Microsoft 'cool' like Apple by copying a lot of their advertising style. Showing a lot of fluff and not much of the actual product or functionality of the product.

I am unsure if I dislike the approach because I am a nerd and want to see what it can do, the new features, the actual product vs. happy dancing hipsters.

I am unsure if I dislike the approach because I am a nerd and want to see what it can do, the new features, the actual product vs. happy dancing hipsters.

An add showing how quickly it loads and that it saves time and money...while using less energy might have been better:)

If I had to use windows 8, I'd plunk/smack my face down on my keyboard too, probably repeatedly until the head trauma allows me to no longer be bothered by the operating system.

Fortunately for me I just type on my keyboard in Windows 8 and amazingly it works pretty much like it did in 7, no head trauma.

These are branding ads that use humor to over-emphasize a point, like the Geico ads that have nothing to do with car insurance. This make up ads ends with the tag line "Beautiful and fast", which is a phrase that Microsoft has been using for Windows 8 for a long time now, though I know plenty here will disagree with beautiful part if not so much the fast part.

all i saw was cute asian females.. was there a point?

;>)

The only one I found cute was the instructor and the last chick after she put on the make up.

The rest were meh.

Then again I have high standards when it comes to women :p

First the third asian women wasn't all the good looking. Windows 8 is not so fast as soon as you disable asynchronous Group Policy processing in a domain environment. In fact its slower then 7. My Mac Mini actually boots up quicker then 8.

To me the whole commercial screams we slapped on some makeup in 9 seconds on the same shit.

Dancing Hipsters

What the fuck has that to do with any functionality? I will admit it was a bit funny tho, still no fucking clue what they were trying to convene in the commercial.
You seem... a little irritated.

If my GF could put on "her face" as fast as that last woman, I'd be a happy camper!

The Windows 8 experience isn't working for me.

KeyboardFaceSmash.gif

You seem... a little irritated.

Yes I am I fork out a lot of money for MS shit, Tests, Training, Silver Membership, Action Pack. They go and release retarted commercials that make no sense and now I have to go around convincing people its a good idea to buy microsoft products. Fuck. They ain't helping me get business yet they have no fucking problem mooching money from me.

Fuck yesterday I drove 150km to testing center to write a MS 417 Test to find out prometric is having issues with Microsoft Tests. I waited for an hour and drove 150km back. That was most of my day I wasn't making money. I am fucking infuriated. I know Prometric is at fault here too but so is MS since its their fucking tests. The other two testers had no problem Writing an Apple test and IBM test..

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK

Fuck yesterday I drove 150km to testing center to write a MS 417 Test to find out prometric is having issues with Microsoft Tests. I waited for an hour and drove 150km back. That was most of my day I wasn't making money. I am fucking infuriated. I know Prometric is at fault here too but so is MS since its their fucking tests. The other two testers had no problem Writing an Apple test and IBM test..

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKK
Don't beat around the bush, tell us how you really feel! Seriously though, had I gone the self employment route, I'd probably feel the same.

I'm sorry to hear about the test issues, seriously, losing a day like that SUCKS.

Windows 7 commercials actually SHOWED the product and what it can do... Windows 8 ads are nothing but fluff for brain dead sheeple.... !!!!!! MS is no longer trying to raise the standard, just lower themselves to the lowest common denominator, ie tards!

They are working to make Microsoft 'cool' like Apple by copying a lot of their advertising style. Showing a lot of fluff and not much of the actual product or functionality of the product.

People don't buy Microsoft because it's cool, or because it makes a nice fashion ascessory.
They buy Microsoft products to get thier work done.

People don't buy Microsoft because it's cool, or because it makes a nice fashion ascessory.

Exactly.

People buy Apple for the fashion and 'coolness'. That's what Microsoft is going after. I don't like it. I'm not in marketing, though. And I'm a nerd, so I want to see the technical stuff, not the artsy shit. I don't know if the new style ads are working for them or not.

I always find remarks like this odd on a site dedicated to PC gaming. Indeed the old Windows UI which came out with Windows 95 was a huge pop culture/cool moment for Microsoft so it's not like they not been cool before, but they don't normally execute it well when it comes to Windows. And there are actually some ads out there that are much more demo like ads, abridged versions of this have been on TV a bit recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv971t0elyM

There's such a diverse group of Windows users that it's difficult to market to them all with any single approach I think. Technical folks probably would respond better to the ad I linked. Others will just get a kick out of off the wall branding ad and appreciate the humor and tell others about a funny ad they've seen.

Seriously, Wrench, you need to get another job because this one is going to give you a heart attack very soon. (You seem to not be enjoying it at all what with blaming everything and everyone else for your problems and circumstances.) If I were you, I would see if you can get a job at Apple since you like their stuff.

Didn't see that face smash coming.

I like asian commercials.

Exactly.

People buy Apple for the fashion and 'coolness'. That's what Microsoft is going after. I don't like it. I'm not in marketing, though. And I'm a nerd, so I want to see the technical stuff, not the artsy shit. I don't know if the new style ads are working for them or not.

second that.

I played around with the ipad and couldn't get shit done. The whole time, I was thinking-
Apple 'just works' ???? WTF. This shit doesn't work. I thought this was made for dumb people. I get shit done faster on Windows.

To me-
vdlbmf.png

Back