Asus Z77-A Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you want an Intel based motherboard that gives you the most bang for your buck, the crew at eTeknix say the Asus Z77-A motherboard might be just what you need.

Whilst the more expensive -V model had a very rich set of features that covered all grounds for someone that was upgrading their motherboard, both on compatibility and future proofing, the slightly lower spec board does (as expected) drop a few features - including HDMI.

If you want an Intel based motherboard that gives you the most bang for your buck, the crew at eTeknix say the Asus Z77-A motherboard might be just what you need.

Indeed - it is apparently designed to take on the ASRock Extreme4, as it undercuts ASUS' own P8Z77V-LX in terms of price. Like the V-LX, it does not support SLI (only CrossFire and CrossFireX); however, unlike the V-LX, it supports PS/2 keyboards and mice (separate ports for each) - downright rare in a budget motherboard. In addition to the expected two PCI Express x16 and PCI Express x1 slots, there are two classic PCI slots as well.

And I just realized what motherboard I don't see any more that this reminds me of - BIOSTAR's TZ77A (and the lower-spec'd TZ77B).

While it's not available at MicroCenter yet (darn), it is available at Newegg - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131965.

It's also not at Amazon yet, either (darn darn).

Back