Google Wades Into Political Minefield

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google has resumed its ‘nation building’ mantle that it takes up from time to time and has renamed the Google Palestine Territories to simply Google Palestine, raising the ire of Israel in the process. Google has found itself in the middle of controversies before between countries around the world due to inconsistencies of national borders drawn on Google Earth.

Oh now they're ready to declare war on Google? Alert the UN, words changed on a search engine affects us all.

Maybe because it was a silly name? They have a problem with it then I give them permission to not use it. :p

Boom!

Sounds like Google decided it was better to have Israel mad at them instead of Palestinians. If I had to bet on which side is more likely to respond violently. . . . .

The mental gymnastics involved with a nation pushing for a two-state solution for its occupation on one hand, and objecting to the recognition of the second nation on the other, is amusing to say the least.

Israel needs to quit being a fucking baby and fuck off. Even the citizens of Israel wants their government to STFU a little more often.

Nothing says "Don't be evil" like showing support for those who support terrorist acts!

Nothing says "Don't be evil" like showing support for those who support terrorist acts!

Terrorists come in many shapes, sizes, and religions and Google consulted ICANN, ISO and the U.N. before making the change.

At the end of the day this is non-news and all parties "affected" pretty much acted like I'd expect.

it seems reasonable that the google page they see reflects what they call themselves.

if i were in germany, i would prefer it be called Google Deutschland rather than Google Germany.

oh look, according to this thread, Google now supports Nazis

Palestinians are the modern day Native American's except America is raping them indirectly this time...much better method then getting your hands dirty.

Google can do what ever it wants...if they wanted to remove Israel from the map they Literally could.

Name one thing that doesn't piss the Israelis off, they are quite a miserable bunch playing the victim all the time cause they were wronged big time half a century ago (and a few centuries before then), grow the fuck up already.

Probably the same way you got me calling out Palestine for being the home for, and supporting, a terrorist organization.

So basically what you're saying is that the United States is the home and supporter of the Westboro Baptist Church and Timothy McVeigh?

Probably the same way you got me calling out Palestine for being the home for, and supporting, a terrorist organization.

The Palestinian people elected Hamas, a world-wide recognized terrorist organization to run their country.

Next question?

The Palestinian people elected Hamas, a world-wide recognized terrorist organization to run their country.

Next question?

Ah no, the Palestine people elected Abbas who was ousted by the Hamas. The Hamas supposedly won the election in 2006 at the Gaza Strip, but one has to wonder if the election was fixed. Pretty hard to vote for someone else when your leader has terrorists and soldiers pointing their guns at you.

Back