Pre-Order LG's $14,000 Curved OLED TV

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you have a spare $14k burning a hole in your pocket, LG is taking preorders for that 55" curved OLED TV we showed you earlier this month. :cool:

LG on Monday began taking pre-orders for a 55-inch curved OLED TV. The new display, which looks like a flat-screen TV but with a subtle, inward curve, is available for purchase by South Korean customers for $13,500. It will arrive for customers next month.

Nice, but after what I went through with this company they'd have to pay me to take one. I don't trust LG at all anymore.

While LCDs have at best slightly improved over the last few years, OLED should provide a substantial jump in image quality, especially in the contrast ratio area.

Fortunately, the price will become affordable within 2 or 3 years.

I'm not sold on the curved screen thing for a tv. If we taking about a massive 90in tv, then it might be ok, but I feel like it would hinder viewing angles for an average sized tv...unless you sit close. I would love curved OLED monitor for my PC though.

There's no way I'd want a curved TV. You'd have one spot from which you could see the TV clearly, and everyone else in the room would be screwed. I don't even see how it would be a benefit to that one person who would be able to see it clearly.

If you buy one...get an extended warranty. Backlighting can not be repaired like on old school LCDs, these are throw away displays...no chance of repair.

If you buy one...get an extended warranty. Backlighting can not be repaired like on old school LCDs, these are throw away displays...no chance of repair.

Isn't this pretty much the case with all LCD TV's today. I don't think I've seen just the back light for sale.

I guess it's to simulate the theater screen experience--but at 55", unless you're at a max viewing distance of about 7' or so, I don't see it happening. And at $14,000...you can get a flagship-level 70-to-84" set from just about anybody for that price tag and really go nuts.

So with no warranty it would be a $14,000 curbed OLED TV?

I don't see the point of a curved TV, i can see the point if you use this for your computer monitor but the curved surface for a TV doesn't make much sense to me.

Back