Nintendo Updates Wii U to Speed Performance

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
To address the major complaints from owners of the Wii U, Nintendo has released a major software update to improve overall system performance. The update will correct speed issues with boot times, application switching and launching, introduce several new features and improved stability.

The highly repairable console has been criticized for its long loads and sluggish performance, prompting Nintendo's president to publicly address the issue several months ago.

time to come out with a new console one that will build on the wii u but be vastly more powerful

I still don't understand what Nintendo intends the Wii U to be. Its not for AAA gaming, as Sony and MS next-gen blow it out of the water, and devs have repeatedly shown, so far, that the system isn't even worth porting titles to. Its not an entertainment platform unless one doesn't already own a 360, ps3, or, well, even a 'smart' HDTV. With Xbox Glass and kinect 2.0 the touch-screen controller loses its value.

I mean, who needs to find the remote when you can just tell the console to turn itself on and start media browsing with your hands, or the phone in your pocket?

ms & Sony console not out yet, you cannot compare. web browser on the Wii u is surprisingly quick, and useful for games like monster Hunter 3, since you can switch between browser and game, to look at guides. this update gives me hope in this console, much quicker, and it's only half of the upcoming updates

What makes something "highly repairable"? Does the WiiU have a better update systems?

ms & Sony console not out yet, you cannot compare. web browser on the Wii u is surprisingly quick, and useful for games like monster Hunter 3, since you can switch between browser and game, to look at guides. this update gives me hope in this console, much quicker, and it's only half of the upcoming updates

Sure I can..given the WiiU is only marginally better than the PS3 and 360 and that is outright ignoring its atrocious controller. I am pretty sure Sony and MS could shit in a box at this point and it be better than the WiiU. Honestly if I wanted to be blunt about it and compare the overall experience, the WiiU is just tragically behind the existing consoles. It is a Wii with upgraded graphics and the worlds shittiest controller.

If the browser on a console is a selling point..we have hit a new low in console standards. Looking up guides lol....

Back