ACLU Says CISPA Is Dead

HardOCP News

[H] News
We can all breathe a sigh of relief...at least for now.

CISPA is all but dead, again. The controversial cybersecurity bill known as the Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act, which passed the House of Representatives last week, will almost certainly be shelved by the Senate, according to a representative of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

uh... Almost certainly be shelved... doesn't sound like "dead" to me. It sounds like a gun pointed at, with the trigger almost pulled.

Thats like taking the barb off a sting ray. Its only a temporary fix till it grows back.

My Rep voted Nay. I've known her since I was a kid. She's always in tune with what the people wants.

Uh huh, the people in my state that voted for it, I didn't coted for them, that's for damn sure.

And since (in my state, at least) it was mostly seperated by party line, it'll make it easy to boot their asses.

Everyone from NV voted for it. So I guess I'm voting opposite of all incumbents.

If you want it dead for good, remember to NOT vote for these people:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/113-2013/h117

Part of the problem is the other side could vote for it too. In the end, you really have no say. The representative can vote literally on what he/she feels. They should go with what their constituents want, but they do not have to. And if you, or anyone else, did not like the vote what's to say you won't agree with the rest of their platform. It's all curtains, mists and hidden veils to me.

I wonder how many voted for it because they knew it would not pass in the senate?

My Rep voted Nay. I've known her since I was a kid. She's always in tune with what the people wants.

You're fortunate. My rep didn't even vote on it. She's a hack who doesn't want to risk her career with honesty and transparency. And the last time I drafted a letter to her, I got a stock response from her [secretary] telling me how I was wrong.

Honestly, congressmen should be put into the same setting as airplane technicians. If they fail to do what they promise/or how the people they represent wants, they should be put in prison.

Honestly, congressmen should be put into the same setting as airplane technicians. If they fail to do what they promise/or how the people they represent wants, they should be put in prison.

Until a liberal democrat supports it and at that point the ACLU will run towards it with its mouth wide open to suck that cock.

Until a liberal democrat supports it and at that point the ACLU will run towards it with its mouth wide open to suck that cock.

So you're saying if we don't like this bill we should vote for a liberal democrat?
;)

What the hell are you talking about? CISPA passed the house with bipartisan support. my senator (Fienstein, Democrat) supports it.

The ACLU would oppose this legislation no matter who supports it. Do you even know what it is?

/Doesn't matter, won't stop them.

These people don't care about anything but their agenda, the Constitution is merely a outdated document which is nothing more than an inconvenient temporary obstruction.

Bloomberg is a perfect example of today's politicians, which are really just America's royalty.

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Has to Change

According to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the recent terror bombings in Boston require a new interpretation of the Constitution to give the government greater power to protect citizens.

"The people who are worried about privacy have a legitimate worry," Bloomberg said during a recent press conference. "But we live in a complex world where you're going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change."

The ACLU would oppose this legislation no matter who supports it. Do you even know what it is?
I'm not sure this applies to the ACLU in this case, but more often than not the ACLU's fervency does seem to be affected by whether or not it aligns with the Democrat agenda or not.

And if you haven't noticed this, do you know what the ACLU is?

I don't agree with the ACLU on everything, but they do seem to be consistent on the Civil Liberties part. CISPA was a clear violation of all those liberties and there's no reason we a bill like that.

Giving businesses the tools to stop cyber terrorism? Bullshit. They should be able to defend their property, so long as it doesn't fall into making employees do something illegal (privacy invasion, physically going after the perp).

Oh, wait, that would make sense.

The Lefty-Loonies will do what they always do. They’ll drag up the old “Oh, what that REALLY means is ….. “, or they’ll give you that backhanded French wave of dismissal and spew “Oh, that doesn’t mean anything!”

Nothing but NEOCONS in the Republican party. NO real conservatives.

This is why Republicans trample the constitutions as much as democrats.
The "conservative" party is NOT made of conservatives at all. No wonder we are in such a mess. :mad:

Back