Activision PR Manager Sentenced To Jail

HardOCP News

[H] News
Here's a great idea, steal from your boss by charging thousands of dollars to the company credit card! What could possibly go wrong?

Kathryn Kirton, 35, was head of PR at Activision when she got carried away with the 'glamorous and luxurious' world of public relations, Blackfriars Crown Court heard. She was in charge of the budget for a major film premiere-style launch of the game, but instead siphoned off thousands of pounds.

I have a company credit card, Yes, have used it to fill up my car on occasion with Gas, perhaps purchased a soda with it as well....But it strikes me that someone would spend $15k on a card and think they won't get caught...

I have a company credit card, Yes, have used it to fill up my car on occasion with Gas, perhaps purchased a soda with it as well....But it strikes me that someone would spend $15k on a card and think they won't get caught...

Think about the advertising budget of your typical High Profile Activision release. Hundreds of millions.

If anything she should have been promoted for maintaining the company's image/spirit so well.

i sometimes use my amex for personal items but i always pay the bill wtf was she thinking.

Didn't she attend the Activision training and orientation seminars? You're supposed to rip off the customers, not the company!

Its not here fault she was just trying so make in a male dominated industry........

(sarcasm)

While the title here is technically correct, and they were sentenced to jail, both sentences were suspended for various periods and neither will have to actually serve any time in jail (provided they don't screw up during the probationary period.)

Think about the advertising budget of your typical High Profile Activision release. Hundreds of millions.

If anything she should have been promoted for maintaining the company's image/spirit so well.

Hundreds of Millions.............on advertising............. I need to work in their advertising dept.

Back