NVIDIA GeForce R319 Drivers (320.00 BETA)

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you GeForce owners out there know that NVIDIA has just released the R319 drivers for Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit , and Windows 8 64-bit.

Performance Boost
Increases performance by up to 20% for GeForce 400/500/600 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 314.22 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
  • GeForce GTX 660:◦Up to 20% in Dirt: Showdown
  • Up to 18% in Tomb Raider
  • Up to 8% in StarCraft II
  • Up to 6% in Sniper Elite V2
  • Up to 6% in Metro 2033
  • Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
  • Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Up to 5% in F1 2012
  • GeForce GTX 660 SLI:◦Up to 17% in Dirt: Showdown
  • Up to 18% in Tomb Raider
  • Up to 9% in Assassin’s Creed III
  • Up to 7% in StarCraft II
  • Up to 6% in Far Cry 3
  • Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Up to 6% in Battlefield 3
  • Up to 5% in BioShock: Infinite
  • Up to 5% in F1 2012

SLI Technology
  • Added SLI profile for Alien Fear
  • Added SLI profile for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
  • Added SLI profile for Dead Island: Riptide
  • Added SLI profile for Dragon Sword
  • Added SLI profile for Neverwinter
  • Added SLI profile for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Added SLI profile for GRID 2
  • Added SLI profile for Human Head 2
  • Added SLI profile for Remember Me
  • Added SLI profile for The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
  • Updated SLI profile for Natural Selection 2
  • Updated SLI profile for Resident Evil 6
  • Updated SLI profile for Trackmania 2: Canyon

Additional Details
  • Installs PhysX System Software 9.12.1031.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.24.2
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

And now the question everyone will want answered...

What would this do for the triple SLI titan performance??? :)

And the real answer would be not really all that concerned. Titan is such a small percentage of the overall GPU market. Its still a part of the Keplar family, so whatever the lower Keplars get, Titan should get as well, in theory. I think most ppl from the GTX650-Titan really just wanted stablility in all recent games more so than performance. Thats just a bonus. Hopefully this fixes alot of the TombRaider bugs.

I'm hoping for the random fps drops in Crysis 3 to be gone, and maybe no more stuttering in Bioshock. Probably won't get either.

need to ask here, if I have the realtek drivers installed for an asus rog motherboard (maximus v extreme), do I need to install these HD audio drivers or should I refuse that install part?

need to ask here, if I have the realtek drivers installed for an asus rog motherboard (maximus v extreme), do I need to install these HD audio drivers or should I refuse that install part?

Don't need it unless you use audio on the card.

I'm hoping for the random fps drops in Crysis 3 to be gone, and maybe no more stuttering in Bioshock. Probably won't get either.

That stuttering is probably the game loading assets, no? I think everyone has that problem..

That stuttering is probably the game loading assets, no? I think everyone has that problem..

I don't know. I haven't looked into it much other than it being a common problem. Whatever it is, I would like it gone. :)

The real question is that with DP 1.2 support, does it support 60Hz on the Sharp 4K monitor?

ok I didn't think so, but better to ask. SO those HD audio drivers don't replace the realtek on the mainboard then, correct?

No, they are entirely separate from your motherboards onboard audio. They are for the built in digital audio on every Geforce since the GTX 5xx series - if you connect an HDTV to your Geforce card via HDMI (or DVI to HDMI adapter) then you can pipe full digital audio right out along with the digital video. Fantastic for those of us with HTPCs, although I know lots of people who use the Nvidia audio as their main system audio solution.

Installing these drivers won't hurt anything nor should it interfere with your motherboard's built-in Realtek audio or your dedicated sound card.

Just did a quick test with Tomb Raider going from 314.22 to 320.00, went from 71.8 average to 80.0 average so pretty substantial. Good to see.

Just did a quick test with Tomb Raider going from 314.22 to 320.00, went from 71.8 average to 80.0 average so pretty substantial. Good to see.

Looks like they also took care of TressFX. I turned it on, and it works perfectly now. No flickering, just smooth, flowing hair. Looks alot better. Hope they take advantage of this in future games.

Will test it out a bit later. Just curious of why they have sli added for a game that doesn't even come out until the middle of next month for?

Added SLI profile for Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

Will test it out a bit later. Just curious of why they have sli added for a game that doesn't even come out until the middle of next month for?

So people can play with SLI support on day 1. I love to have the crossfire/sli profile in early early drivers, then I never have to worry about support when I install the game. I could even potentially be a couple drivers behind, and still have support in the game. Which is a plus, not all gamers update their drivers on beta releases or immediately.

No, they are entirely separate from your motherboards onboard audio. They are for the built in digital audio on every Geforce since the GTX 5xx series - if you connect an HDTV to your Geforce card via HDMI (or DVI to HDMI adapter) then you can pipe full digital audio right out along with the digital video. Fantastic for those of us with HTPCs, although I know lots of people who use the Nvidia audio as their main system audio solution.

The Nvidia audio is phenomenal if you're running an HDMI-out to a receiver. It'll handle anything you throw at it from normal 2-channel stereo, to the surround codecs, HD surround codecs, and full 7.1 PCM lossless.
Short of a a few older games that use EAX, it's the only HTPC solution you really need...and it's kind of an afterthought on an existing card.
These drivers fixed an issue with PowerDVD that showed up in the last WHQL driver.

No wonder I was getting artifacts with my u2713h with DP 1.2 enabled, I always knew my 680's supported DP 1.2, never knew until now that the drivers never enabled DP 1.2 until now. Well, it's about time then...

The Nvidia audio is phenomenal if you're running an HDMI-out to a receiver. It'll handle anything you throw at it from normal 2-channel stereo, to the surround codecs, HD surround codecs, and full 7.1 PCM lossless.
Short of a a few older games that use EAX, it's the only HTPC solution you really need...and it's kind of an afterthought on an existing card.
These drivers fixed an issue with PowerDVD that showed up in the last WHQL driver.

HDMI audio kind of has to be phenomenal by default for 2 reasons

1. It's just a digital signal, it's up to your receiver to make it sound good.

and

2. It has to be able to do all those audio modes to reach the 1.4 standard.

I agree and FWIW, the AMD HD audio output is equally as awesome. Very impressive and a big thumbs up to Nvidia and AMD on that one. :D

Far Cry 3 becomes choppy (like micro-stuttering) with these under my GTX 680 SLI setup.
I have noticed some graphical corruptions too.

Reverting back to 314.22 fixes these issues.

Mine was the exact opposite with the 314.22's. They were probably the worst drivers i've installed yet.

I was hoping they will resolve the stutter I get on 480 SLI configuration when you turn and move your mouse at the same time in the latest Bioshock game. It did not, same thing. Maybe on the next set.

I agree and FWIW, the AMD HD audio output is equally as awesome. Very impressive and a big thumbs up to Nvidia and AMD on that one. :D

Yup, although not all cards from either brand have great HDMI audio implementation. The 58xx cards had lots of issues with EDID code preventing the lossless codecs from working properly. It was fixable, but usually only with the help of a homemade monitor/receiver driver.
The "middle" Nvidia cards like the 570's didn't support silent streaming (so they'd lag when a new sound would play) or certain HD codecs.

However the newest HDMI audio support from both ATI and Nvidia = top notch. You certainly still need great supplemental hardware to make the most of them, but it's pretty cool that I haven't needed a sound card in 5 years and I can play everything from Blu-Ray movies to Far Cry 3 in all their glory.

Using these drivers, most games were terrible in performance. Reverted back to 314.22.

Not in my experience...

AMD's HDMI audio is plagued by weird connectivity issues, timeout / drop problems, and in general can be a real pain in the ass. Four different AMD cards now I've had recent experience with and all of them have exhibited similar problems. Nvidia's audio over HDMI seems to always 'just work' no matter what...

Although in terms of audio 'quality' both are going to be equal since it's a digital signal.

I played Far Cry 3 for a few hours last night on these, worked fine.

And still no fix for Mass Effect 3 and NV Surround. What's it been NVIDIA, like a year?

I wasn't aware ME3 actually supported Surround/Eyefinity at all?

Performance in Tomb Raider seems to be a little more consistent. While the benchmark has always showed my FPS at 59.9/60, real world performance has been a lot more up and down. Especially in area with lots of environmental effects. This driver seems to take care of many of those moments.

I wasn't aware ME3 actually supported Surround/Eyefinity at all?

It works fine on AMD cards. There is no issues with menus, cinematics or other things. With NVIDIA it's the exact opposite. It supports the resolution change but the aspect ratios for everything are screwed up and menus are scaled too large to use.

Stuttering in Bioshock appears to need a patch from the developers to fix.

It works fine on AMD cards. There is no issues with menus, cinematics or other things. With NVIDIA it's the exact opposite. It supports the resolution change but the aspect ratios for everything are screwed up and menus are scaled too large to use.
I did not know that.

I liked the AMD HDMI outputs better, it had support for more sampling rates than the Nvidia one; there was 88.2KHz and 176.4KHz sampling rates which I liked to use with the SACDs I ripped from my PS3 =\

That's just proof that the game devs are detecting eyefinity and doing things differently. Nvidia doesn't just get bugs that randomly alter the fov of a game or the scale of UI elements. It's rendering what the game sent. Blame Bioware for not supporting Surround.

Back