AMD Welcomes New Corporate Vice President, Visual Computing

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced that Raja Koduri, 44, has rejoined the company as corporate vice president, Visual Computing, reporting to Mark Papermaster, senior vice president and chief technology officer. In his new role, Koduri will have overall responsibility for driving AMD’s innovation in visual and accelerated computing.

“Maintaining AMD’s position as a leader in visual computing is the key to our long-term success. As one of the industry’s foremost experts in developing leading-edge visual computing solutions, Raja brings exceptional vision and strength to AMD’s world-class engineering leadership team,” said Papermaster. “Given his past record of success, Raja will help AMD lead the way in visual and accelerated computing and ensure we continue developing the industry-leading graphics IP that forms the foundation for our future growth.”

No where to go but down after securing the hardware for all the next gen consoles I take it?

I certainly hope not... I am quite literally banking on it.

Also, it would just be a shame to have a single player in both CPU and GPU fields if AMD bit the dust and no one else could pick up the pieces. Who's a real viable 3rd party right now?

Back