BlizzCon 2013 Tickets Go on Sale April 24th

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Gamers get ready to make a dash for tickets to BlizzCon this week and be sure to dust off that wallet because as they say, it ain’t cheap. The event will take place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Southern California November 8-9th.

At BlizzCon, Blizzard will be hosting a whole bunch of events and activities that will show everyone a great time. Players will be able to play demos of Blizzard’s latest games, participate in discussion panels with Blizzard’s developers, and even watch the StarCraft II World Championship Series Global Finals live at the event.

Neckbeards United.

I've actually been to one of these things since a buddy in the videogame industry dragged me along and it was some of the weirdest people gathered in one place that i'd ever experienced. I don't quite know how to describe it.

Rows and rows of PC's set up with Starcraft and Diablo games and lots of short guys that looked like jack black and Jonah hill, just playing away. Also, lots of girls that looked like jack black and Jonah hill, playing away.

Neckbeards United.

I've actually been to one of these things since a buddy in the videogame industry dragged me along and it was some of the weirdest people gathered in one place that i'd ever experienced. I don't quite know how to describe it.

Rows and rows of PC's set up with Starcraft and Diablo games and lots of short guys that looked like jack black and Jonah hill, just playing away. Also, lots of girls that looked like jack black and Jonah hill, playing away.

wait what? so both sexes are jack blacks and jonah hills?

It will be an online only ticket system where you have to keep your phone connected to the service at all times. If you lose the signal you get kicked out the venue. :p

I might pay for the live streaming, IF they are going to talk about a *real* D3 expansion/or Titan.

I was in Anaheim a few years back around this time, I had no idea BlizzCon was going on, made me wonder why finding a room was so fricking hard once I got there and drove by the convention center (we actually stayed relatively close) it dawned on me why it was so hard to find a room. I do have to say I saw zero neckbeards walking the streets from blizzcon.. and yes I know who was there because everyone always wore their lanyards and passes around their necks. Of course I only saw them when I went out for food, but still.

I did the live streaming of the last one ... it was cheaper and much easier to get ... definitely enjoyed some of the panel discussions and the costume contest ... will probably go that route again :)

Unless there's going to be talk about titan, I have little to no interest in Blizz-con. If something comes up that's interesting I'll just catch it after the fact on youtube.

Players will be able to play demos of Blizzard’s latest games, participate in discussion panels with Blizzard’s developers

Blizz hasn't had any *new* games in many years, and I'm skeptical of Blizz dev team listening to anything the players say at this point.

Didn't they cancel this last year?
Maybe they have some major announcements. Not sure if I care.

Blizzard is pretty damn near irrelevant at this point. I am not going to wait 5 years for Titan and find out Hello Kitty Island is better and free to play.

In the past, I would kill for a Blizzcon ticker (plus airplane tickets, I'm not in US of A).

Now? I couldn't care less. After Panda-land and Diablo III, they would have to score really big with a new game for me to pick it up.

I went to blizzcon in 2009, the last great blizzcon

Funny thing? The d3 they had on display there may well have been a better game than what we got

f4wKrxy.jpg

Back