Apple Hangs Onto Your Siri Data for Two Years

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You’ve been telling SIRI all of your darkest secrets for a while now, but where does all that data go and how long do they keep it? Well Apple has finally spilled the beans on how long your commands and chats are held and what becomes of them.

Transcripts "of what you say to Siri could reveal sensitive things about you, your family, or business," she told Wired. "Siri works for Apple, so make a note to yourself to really think before you speak."

It's always nice to know someone is listening...:rolleyes:

I wonder how many people tried to have phone sex with Siri.

I'm sure there is some funny shit that people have said to Siri.

The ongoing problem with all "Free" services.

If you are not the customer (IE: paying for it) then YOU ARE THE PRODUCT BEING SOLD.

Your Siri queries are being stored, cataloged and used for marketing. Maybe, or maybe not with your personal ID attached.

Just like your Facebook account.

Have a nice day.

Uh..... that's not only free services. It's most services, nowadays. Regardless if you pay for it or not.

Apple doesn't sell it's customers' information. One of the factors of why their products are viewed as expensive by people used to "free" services.

Google keeps your data pretty much indefinitely. I know they have all of my search data for the past 5-6 years. What is creepier? A company who keeps it for 2 years that doesnt sell it to others, or a company that keeps it for all of time basically and sells it to others.

Well, we could argue it's not "your" data. It's information about you, but that data is Google's. You gave it to them.

Armatures! Google retains everything forever and sells it for delicious data mining money so we can develop even more devious ways to get acess to your brains.

I'm at work and don't want to risk pulling the picture up -- but cue up the picture of the fat loser south park TSA guy in his spy room with 100 monitors watching everyone.

Cranking out the hand lotion and laughing while he rubs another one out.

That's what I envision the guys that run massive data centers do.

How useful could a simple request outside of the appointement/weather on a given date genere, followed up by "what a useless piece of shit" actually be to apple?

So, they are keeping two years of people asking "how much would could a woodchuck chuck"?

Back