FAA Approves Boeing 787 Battery Design Changes

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It will not be too much longer before the grounded Boing 787 is back in the air. Just this week, the FAA has approved the new battery designs and protocols to get the passenger liners back flying.

Before the planes can fly, they must be fitted with a "containment and venting" system for both lithium-ion batteries on the 787, the FAA said. That includes a stainless-steel enclosure to prevent heat, fumes or fire from spreading if a battery overheats in flight. Batteries and battery chargers must also be replaced with different components, the FAA said.

In before: "GUBMINT BAD LET DER FREE MURKET DECIDE!"

As a technician for the only US carrier that has any - it's about time. There just sitting in Houston.

In before: "GUBMINT BAD LET DER FREE MURKET DECIDE!"

It's because of violent patent enforcement that robs candy from Janet Jackson's testicle. This has to stop before there are more people diagnosed with a violation of my natural rights and/or lefts from that there dagum gubbermint.

If you let this run natural course it is things like this that trigger economic movement. From this point on I would have let everyone leave things the same and let everyone be judged like an adult who is capable of knowing what kind of risk to take. Just take care of the hiccup and let the lawyers get payed, the repairmen, re-book hotels, and and let the competing airlines have the diverted business.

As a technician for the only US carrier that has any - it's about time. There just sitting in Houston.

unofficial here - as someone who worked battery 7 days a week for a few months I would like to say thank you for your patience. We worked literally around the clock with many engineers, techs and staff sometimes working multiple shifts. Thank you for your business and I'm very happy that we are able to roll out the solution to our customers!

About time. There are planes stacking up at the charleston airport. :D

I have been in the dreamliner plant in charleston (i live near there) and it's a sweet plane. Good to see them in the sky again soon (not that there were a lot before). ;)

Back