Attorneys General And Facebook Announce Online Safety Campaign

HardOCP News

[H] News
Didn't they try this type of thing once before when that whole "sexual predator" thing was big on MySpace a few years back?

“At Facebook, we work hard to make sure people understand how to control their information and stay safe online. We’re always looking for new partners in that endeavor – that’s why we’re thrilled to collaborate with the National Association of Attorneys General,” said Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg. “We’re grateful for Maryland Attorney General Doug Gansler’s leadership on this issue, and we look forward to working with him and attorneys general around the country. Together, we hope to ensure that young people make safe, smart, and responsible choices online.”

Call me crazy, but absolutely nothing about these two entities makes me feel in the least bit safe. And since we all know how forked their tongues are, this little joint online safety campaign of theirs only serves to arouse the amateur conspiracy theorist in me.

Who here suspects that this will only serve to assure that the AG has complete access to all FB data ?

All together now..."BUT IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!" :rolleyes:

Hi, My name is Chris Hanson and I'd like to talk to you about some posts you made on Jessica's wall.

Call me crazy, but absolutely nothing about these two entities makes me feel in the least bit safe. And since we all know how forked their tongues are, this little joint online safety campaign of theirs only serves to arouse the amateur conspiracy theorist in me.

Who here suspects that this will only serve to assure that the AG has complete access to all FB data ?

All together now..."BUT IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN!" :rolleyes:

this.

The only way to achieve any level of "safety" with Facebook is to simply NOT use it.

Back