Dish Reportedly Seeks Merger with T-Mobile

As a 10+ year T-mo customer I don't want anything that could disrupt the quality and price of my service nor want to be bothered with bullshit upsells which is what I expect a merger with Dish would bring.

Dish is currently sitting on $10 billion cash and their attempted buy of Clearwire went nowhere so they might be desperate enough to throw a lot of money to make this deal happen. Here's hoping it fails.

Funny, I just cancelled my Dish (and should have done it sooner when they lost AMC) and my T-mobile contract on my phone is about to end. Cutting the cord.

1. Dish to acquire T-Mobile.
2. T-Mobile to offer iPhone.
3. New iPhone to be rumored.
4. New iPhone will be a satellite phone!

You heard it here first on [H]!

I'm sorry, what does this accomplish aside for a brief merger driven stock bump?

We don't have enough competition in just about any tech field these days.

Isn't there some little town in the middle of nowhere named after Dish that's now a chemical wasteland full of people with unusual cancer due to natural gas mining?

Dish is trolling both of them to try to get one of the mergers to fail. They tried to stop sprint buying out Clearwire, Tried to stop the T-Mobile MetroPCS merger, and now is trying to stop Softbank from buying Sprint after DT told them to go away.

Dish is basically the Kirk Kerkorian of the phone industry currently.

Back