Cooler Master Seidon 120M

HardOCP News

[H] News
There is a review of the Cooler Master Seidon 120M all-in-one, self-contained watercooling unit posted today at ocaholic. Here's a quote from the full review:

With the Seidon 120M, Cooler Master has a closed-loop watercooler in their portfolio which can be equipped with one 120 millimeter fan. The best thing about this product is the very competitive price tag. Overall we're quite curious how this closed-loop cooler is going to keep with the it's competitors.

Nice cooler. I have wanted to try out a water cooler, but i just do not want to risk loosing my system.
I just got my 212 evo, sitting on the floor right next to me :)
cannot wait to get home and install it. For the money and piece of mind, i just couldn't pass it up, besides, my old freezer 64pro is getting long in the tooth :D
Got a second fan coming, push pull. i see a lot of reviews with the 212 evo and they get beat by more expensive coolers, that have two fans. i wish reviewers would remove/add second fan for equal comparison.

I had the same situation as you. Upgraded from a freezer pro to a hyper 212 evo. I was expecting much better temps than the Arctic however I was disappointing. I'm getting the same temps as I was on the freezer pro, except now with more noise. I've got two fans (push/pull) and I max around 85C (i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz) I've got a case with tons of cooling so it's not that, I just think the cooler can't handle the CPU.

i had same issue as you at first. Temps were no different. So i re-applied thermal compound. This time i spread out over the cpu with a plastic bag and made sure i had a nice even coat, not to thick but complete coverage (first time around i use rice size method). then when re-seating the sink, i kept even pressure on it the whole time while tightening the screws trying to move it as little as possible. Before my idle temps where, 30-32c now they are 18-19c. Did some gaming for 2-3 hours and core temp never went over 28c. Big difference after re-applying the sink with more compound. I am using the stuff that came with the cooler, so i can say its good stuff. My arctic silver was hard as play-doh, been sitting to long. Will try some OC-ing tonight and run some prime test. My fan is almost silent, not sure why yours is so loud. Try re-applying the compound, maybe you have some air pockets in there.

I did reapply. Is it the same proc as in your sig? The ivy bridges run way hot.

yes. 1100t. As for the ivy bridge, i guess you could be right about the evo not being able to draw heat away fast enough. I read some reviews on newegg about people replacing the stock fan with ones that have more cfm. are you sure your fans are facing the right direction? i know stupid question, but i had my fan the wrong way when i first set it up. I wanted to blow towards the back of my case, and i realized after running for a bit it was pulling air towards the front. instead of removing the brackets i just put the fan on the other side. the fan doesnt seem to move much air so it was hard to tell what direction it was blowing. I have another fan coming, but i think it might be overkill, but why not.

yes. 1100t. As for the ivy bridge, i guess you could be right about the evo not being able to draw heat away fast enough. I read some reviews on newegg about people replacing the stock fan with ones that have more cfm. are you sure your fans are facing the right direction? i know stupid question, but i had my fan the wrong way when i first set it up. I wanted to blow towards the back of my case, and i realized after running for a bit it was pulling air towards the front. instead of removing the brackets i just put the fan on the other side. the fan doesnt seem to move much air so it was hard to tell what direction it was blowing. I have another fan coming, but i think it might be overkill, but why not.

Yeah, they're facing the right direction. The way everyone talks this cooler up I assumed I could go a little higher than 4.5ghz but what can you do. I guess it's a good bang for the buck.

looks like water cooling is your only option. Its only money.. right? ;)

Back