AMD and Adobe Collaborate on Upcoming Version of Adobe Premiere Pro

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced its collaboration with Adobe Systems Incorporated to deliver OpenCL™ hardware-accelerated video editing for the first time on the Microsoft Windows platform with the next version of Adobe® Premiere® Pro. This collaboration further demonstrates AMD’s commitment to enabling partner ecosystems with cross-platform open standards, empowering Adobe to amplify the editing experience for creative professionals everywhere. The combination of expanded support for open standards and the Adobe Creative Cloud™ brings unmatched access to the most up-to-date and powerful professional post-production tools anywhere.

AMD developer relations are in overdrive! Going open standards is great, Keep it up!

Good news for AMD. They're finding ways to stay relevant and that's a good thing for the survival of the company. Now if they could just throw some "synergy" and "value-added" this or "ehanced return-on-investment" that into this press release, everything about be okay. Then again, this is Adobe we're talking about so there'll be an unending series of exploits people will have to patch.

About time Adobe got in line with OpenCL.
For less than the price of 1 copy of Photoshop ($700) you could buy 2x7870s and use the GIMP (FREE) and save money while having better performance to boot.

The same could be done with Adobe premiere($800). You could buy the much cheaper Sony Vegas ($400) and with the savings buy a 7870 and have better performance while saving money.

About time Adobe got in line with OpenCL.
For less than the price of 1 copy of Photoshop ($700) you could buy 2x7870s and use the GIMP (FREE) and save money while having better performance to boot.

The same could be done with Adobe premiere($800). You could buy the much cheaper Sony Vegas ($400) and with the savings buy a 7870 and have better performance while saving money.

You're buying it all wrong...

P.S: Both GIMP and Sony Vegas have out of the box OpenCL acceleration support.

You're buying it all wrong...

Who said anything about buying? Nothing beats getting free software that does the same job and instead spend the cash to upgrade my own infrastructure/workstation (which you will do anyways) and with better overall performance. And no you do not buy a bundle of applications to "save" by spending more.

Who said anything about buying? Nothing beats getting free software that does the same job and instead spend the cash to upgrade my own infrastructure/workstation (which you will do anyways) and with better overall performance. And no you do not buy a bundle of applications to "save" by spending more.

Yes, but in real life, GIMP sucks majorly. There are good options, some cheaper than Photoshop, but GIMP is just terrible, I'd rather use Paint or that Live photo whatever. :p

Yes, but in real life, GIMP sucks majorly. There are good options, some cheaper than Photoshop, but GIMP is just terrible, I'd rather use Paint or that Live photo whatever. :p
AND, you can subscribe to have access to JUST Adobe Photoshop for $20-30/mo, or the entire Creative Suite collection for $40-50/mo. You're entitled to two simultaneous installations as long as you're installing it on your own personal FOR YOU equipment (ex. at my plastic desk at home I have my personal laptop and my personal workstation).

No upgrade fees, always the latest version and updates included, and greatest. I have my subscription with a student discount ($30-40/mo for the entire Creative Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro and many others I've never ever heard of and don't need).

The CUDA-only acceleration made sense back before OpenCL (because AMD's GPGPU strategy was an ever changing tragedy), but it makes sense to broaden support now that OpenCL is pretty widely supported.

I hope nobody is holding their breath: PS is on around a 2 year release schedule and CS6 came out less than a year ago.

Back