Arcade Games Recreated With Post-it Notes

Unless that guy works for 3M he's going to going to so be fired if his boss ever finds out he did it :D

Yeah, it looks cool, but to try to sell it as "I spent 11 months doing this fo' realz!" ruins it.

Too obviously faked. If you look at "moving background elements" shots when a post-it disappears from a pixel space, then reappears (Pac-Man, for example, the maze walls scrolling,) the post-it is *IDENTICAL*. Not "placed similarly", but identical.

The lighting never changes. Yeah, he claims in the video description "Changing background scenery was masked out and replaced with 1 consistent frame throughout the animation," but really - if you're going through this much effort, why would you spend MORE computer-editing effort GETTING RID OF the proof that you did it for real?

Nope - it's impressive, looks great, and brings up great nostalgic feelings; but it's CG, not real.

Yeah, was just going to say. Lighting is exactly the same and you can see the post-it notes stay static somehow as they move around. Fake.

I think the lot of you are blind

I can clearly see the post-it notes changing every time Ms pac-man does repeated turns, just look at the post it notes on her

Hell, just blow up the 720p version of the video, you can see the post it notes changing for every cell of mario's walking

The issue is, as they move, you can see patterns of post-it notes that are EXACTLY the same. This would never happen with real stop-motion.

The issue is, as they move, you can see patterns of post-it notes that are EXACTLY the same. This would never happen with real stop-motion.

Blow up the 720p version and watch the individual post it notes for mario

Not only do they change for every cell, but the design on each post it cell is completely unique and different each time.

I think a lot of you need to be less skeptical ;D

Not only do they change for every cell, but the design on each post it cell is completely unique and different each time.

I think you need to rewatch the Mario bit. Because the majority of the postits are identical even blown up.

I think you need to rewatch the Mario bit. Because the majority of the postits are identical even blown up.

Except the ones that vanish and come back every time he moves changes entirely

I think you fail to understand how cell animation works.

When Mario or who whoever makes a change in pose, some of the post-its change. But the ones common between two poses usually don't change. And post-its for he same pose are identical.

Hell, look at it when mario swings the hammer up and down

EVERY swing mario takes the entire hammer changes, including his arm, every last post it note.

Like I said, a bunch of you are beyond skeptical

Ah, to be alive in a time where any piece of artwork online is instantly called "FAKE!!!" without any research or even observation of the video.

This makes me quite sad this is what breeding the net has created, need instant gratification and information, or instantly dispelled as "Fake"

Yeah at the 1:34 mark when mario is throwing the hammer up and down while not moving, look at the 3 white "sparks" on the left of the screen, every time they pop up there's slightly different folds and creases in them. Granted that's not proof it's not fake, but it sure as hell isn't the same exact shit for every identical frame.

Ah, to be alive in a time where any piece of artwork online is instantly called "FAKE!!!" without any research or even observation of the video.

This makes me quite sad this is what breeding the net has created, need instant gratification and information, or instantly dispelled as "Fake"

Exactly.

No matter how he did it, I loved it, and thought it was awesome. So easy to tear down other people's accomplishments , big or small. I guess it makes your e-penis bigger.

Yeah, it looks cool, but to try to sell it as "I spent 11 months doing this fo' realz!" ruins it.

Too obviously faked. If you look at "moving background elements" shots when a post-it disappears from a pixel space, then reappears (Pac-Man, for example, the maze walls scrolling,) the post-it is *IDENTICAL*. Not "placed similarly", but identical.

The lighting never changes. Yeah, he claims in the video description "Changing background scenery was masked out and replaced with 1 consistent frame throughout the animation," but really - if you're going through this much effort, why would you spend MORE computer-editing effort GETTING RID OF the proof that you did it for real?

Nope - it's impressive, looks great, and brings up great nostalgic feelings; but it's CG, not real.

The pac-man mouth moves but stays still. thats why some of the notes are the same on parts of her. Its the background that moves from the edges in. Watch miss pacman chase the ghost. As it comes towards her all the notes change. she does not.

thats the problem with stop motion...it just takes FOREVER

but definitely an epic short :)

That was definitely worth the clicks to view. Wow, almost 1 year to make it and all those thousands of post-it notes. Dude's got more patience than I ever will!

^ above post is fake.

Man, ha sanyone else had TERRIBLe youtube performance lately/ Every day from like 6pm EST - 12am ESt I can't watch anything on youtube, it's so unbearably slow.

A video like this that's only 20'ish mb, it crawls at a snails pace, I am lucky to get 80kb+ a sec.

On a 25mb connection and EVERY other site works fine, I can stream HD video on netflix, play games, etc. it's JUST youtube, nothing else.

Been like this for about two months now, so bloody annoying.

A friend used to work for 3M. I sent him the YT link and he said he'll forward it to his former coworkers. Maybe it'll make them feel more important. :D

Back