MS Shows Off New 120-inch, 4K, Widescreen Television

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Forget the Apple TV, this is the Microsoft TV. Not really, Microsoft will go to extremes to showcase products the company will actually market, but the Microsoft TV really is just for show and will not see the market from Microsoft, at least. Bigger really is better. :cool:

Within 5-10 years huh? Good luck downloading 4K content with a 250GB cap.

Surely not everyone has 250 GB or any cap for that matter. I wonder if those "250 GB limit" ISPs are offering "exclusive" deals for content delivery services which are not affected by this limit. This is how it was around here for a while. They had to change their ways but still managed to milk this stupid model for a couple of years.

There was a time where very few techies believed you'd ever be able to transmit high res photographs via the internet.

25 years later, most browsers STILL have a switch to refuse image files. Anyone turn that switch on?

The only thing constant is change.

If it doesn't accept and display a signal of at least 120hz at it's native resolution I'm not interested.

Eh, I'd prefer to see a high quality OLED at 50"-70" model more than I care about 4k TVs.

There was a time where very few techies believed you'd ever be able to transmit high res photographs via the internet.

25 years later, most browsers STILL have a switch to refuse image files. Anyone turn that switch on?

The only thing constant is change.

? - I was downloading HI-Res (at the time) images on my Commodore 64 from BBS systems more than 25 years ago. Samantha Fox I miss you :D

Comcast just announced here that they are doubling the two most popular high-speed plans (supposedly, not sure which ones yet). Probably with the same lollerific data caps as well. :rolleyes:

I don't give a crap about movies, I want to use a 4k screen as a monitor for PC games.

1080p looks a bit pixelated on my 50" when you're up close. :)

Back