YouTube Has 1B Monthly Active Users

fixed

Google Inc's YouTube said 1 billion junk videos now getting shared every month, or nearly one out of every two videos are junk on the Internet.

I noticed youtube's ads now coming in at 30 seconds and sometimes you can't skip them. I don't mind 10 to 15 second ad, but 30 seconds is annoying when the video ends up sucking.

I noticed youtube's ads now coming in at 30 seconds and sometimes you can't skip them. I don't mind 10 to 15 second ad, but 30 seconds is annoying when the video ends up sucking.

and not to mention some of them ads have turned up volume and than when video comes you can hardly hear anything.

Anyone else read the headline and see YouTube now has 18 active users?

It might be 18 WORTHWHILE uploaders permonth

That explains why the speed at which I load videos is a coin flip, heads (which is what I usually get) is 60kb/sec and tails is 6mb/sec

YouTube definitely gets hammered in the evenings. I know it's not my internet connection because I can pull from other sites at full speed but trying to watch anything on YouTube after 6PM is almost futile. YouTube should let me use a RealPlayer skin after 6PM so I could feel nostalgic about the 90's while I'm waiting and dial-up internet.

And the capacity to stream at reliable speed to a whopping 500,000 of them.

Seriously, everyone I talk to with 20mbps+ down connections has buffering issues ever since google took them over.

Depends on the video too. I can watch one video which just won't play at 1080p without buffering like crazy. Then try a different video and it can play no problem at 1080p. I'm sure they're doing some king of throttling on a per video bases.

Depends on the video too. I can watch one video which just won't play at 1080p without buffering like crazy. Then try a different video and it can play no problem at 1080p. I'm sure they're doing some king of throttling on a per video bases.

No throttling, just caching. Videos which are watched frequently are cached on the CDN, or at least on a higher storage tier. Videos which are infrequently watched may not be on the CDN and will potentially have to be retrieved from some lower speed storage tier.

No throttling, just caching. Videos which are watched frequently are cached on the CDN, or at least on a higher storage tier. Videos which are infrequently watched may not be on the CDN and will potentially have to be retrieved from some lower speed storage tier.
I have issues with VERY popular videos.

More likely is that videos that are partners or generate significant ad revenue with an annoying loud 30 second advertisement before the video loads are given priority over user generated viral videos that are ad free.

And the ad ends up being longer than the video.

Back