Cool Mod of the Day

I love that game Journey to Silius! Sunsoft made some really good NES games: Blaster Master, Batman, Gremlins..

Correct me if I'm wrong but when inserting an NES cartridge, don't you have to push it down after sliding it in? It's been a long time, so I can't remember.

As for the mod, bet it took some doing to find an LCD exactly the same size as the NES console itself.

Nintendo NES? So a Nintendo Nintendo Entertainment System?

Back when I was into NES modding I really wanted to do a mod like that (same exact concept as his execution actually) but never got around to it. Awesome to see that someone has done it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but when inserting an NES cartridge, don't you have to push it down after sliding it in? It's been a long time, so I can't remember.

As for the mod, bet it took some doing to find an LCD exactly the same size as the NES console itself.

Yes, you had to push it down, at least on the two that my family had..I RAGE broke the first one because of the good ole gray-solid-flash reboot cycle, so I remember very well that you HAD to push the cartridge..

Now that we saw he clearly did not, I wonder if this is real, or if it simply some sort of device inside the shell running a ROM emulator:confused::confused::confused:?

You can actually play NES games without pushing down. That's how I have to get some of the games to work on the Asian version.

Now that we saw he clearly did not, I wonder if this is real, or if it simply some sort of device inside the shell running a ROM emulator:confused::confused::confused:?

Does that make it any less cool? Even if it is, he has a "normal" NES that opens up to a screen and apparently read cartridges and uses controllers, even if it's got a mini-PC in there it's still cool!

That is totally awesome! And yeah you had to push it down, I'm guessing the mod involves eliminating that. Doing that probably simply locked it in place anyway, it was already contacting inside already when it was pushed in.

I have a sudden urge to play a NES now. I should buy one off ebay given they go for half decent. Super Mario Bros would look awesome on my 55" LED. :D Have to remember to set it to channel 4. :D Or was it 3?

Yes, you had to push it down, at least on the two that my family had..I RAGE broke the first one because of the good ole gray-solid-flash reboot cycle, so I remember very well that you HAD to push the cartridge..

Used to repair these, the old connectors for the cartridges you had to push down, replacement part there was no need to. I'll have to find a couple in storage and demonstrate the difference.

That is totally awesome! And yeah you had to push it down, I'm guessing the mod involves eliminating that. Doing that probably simply locked it in place anyway, it was already contacting inside already when it was pushed in.

I have a sudden urge to play a NES now. I should buy one off ebay given they go for half decent. Super Mario Bros would look awesome on my 55" LED. :D Have to remember to set it to channel 4. :D Or was it 3?

Or you could just use a composite cable with mono to stereo cable adapter for better visuals.
:p

You didnt NEED to push the game down for it to work, but you were supposed to.

Remember the Game Genie? That made it impossible to push down but it still worked.

Back