Angry Judge Tears Copyright Trolls Apart

HardOCP News

[H] News
Those poor, poor copyright trolls. They just can't seem to get a break from this judge. Won't somebody please think of the defenseless copyright trolls?

In the last episode of the astonishing story of Prenda Law, a judge ordered the copyright trolls to appear in court Monday to face allegations of misconduct. At the last minute the law firm tried to squirm out of the hearing and true to their word failed to appear in court yesterday. The hearing went ahead without them and according to those present they now face the wrath of an angry judge, who at one point essentially referred to Prenda as liars.

I can't access torrentfreak at work, but I liked Popehat's writeup: http://www.popehat.com/2013/03/11/brett-gibbs-gets-his-day-in-court-but-prenda-law-is-the-star/

There are few things more terrifying to a lawyer than a furious federal judge.

Today I saw one of those things.

It was a federal judge who was furious, intimately familiar with the case, and consummately prepared for the hearing.

Today United States District Court Judge Otis D. Wright II made it explicitly, abundantly, frighteningly clear that he believes the principals of Prenda Law have engaged in misconduct — and that he means to get to the bottom of it.

It was one of the most remarkable hearings I have ever witnessed.

Two furious federal judges, actually. They pissed off one in Florida as well by paying someone to act as a false witness.

Looks like we've got some recent graduates from the Jack Thompson School of Legal Conduct...

I finally got a chance to completely and thoroughly read through this debacle.

Wow.

I see too choices for these guys. Death, or exile.

These lawyers are about to find out how much the rest of their lives are going to suck.

I believe it would be safer for Prenda Law to walk barefoot over shards of glass embedded in burning coals secured over a snake pit with frayed ropes than it would be to face either or both judges. I'll be following the developments of this story closely not for any informative reason but for the laughs I'm going to get when the judges tear them a new well for their asshattery. I got spare popcorn if anyone needs it! :D

There have been a few things happening since last post...check popehat out.

Still waiting to see what happens today.:)

Today's audience was moved to the 2nd, since it is Good Friday and the judge wasn't gonna let them pull shenanigans April 1st.

Waiting for Popehat's writting but apparently, Prenda Law choose the xxxtra hard way.

I expect that defense attorneys will file notice of if in every state and federal case Prenda Law has brought, through whatever guise or cutout. The message will be stark: the attorneys directing this litigation just took the Fifth rather than answer another judge's questions about their conduct in this litigation campaign. I expect federal and state judges across the country will take notice and begin their own inquiries.

wow

The consequences for the individuals behind Prenda Law may arrive slowly — particularly by the standards of Twitter and anxious blogs. But they will come — and they may come from many directions at once.

Prenda Law may still be standing. But it's dead.

Beautiful.

Wow for once the copyright trolls lose. That's great! I really hope this is a trend that will get bigger.

Back