Stupid Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
This criminal mastermind was arrested after trying to return a printer to Walmart that still had paper in it with fake $100 bills printed on them. Seriously folks, you can't make this stuff up. Thanks to ninjaturtle for the heads up!

Yes, when Carr went to Walmart to return the printer last week, he didn't have a receipt. Not only was it missing the paper tray and installer CD, there was a sheet of paper in it — with two $100 bills printed on it. Walmart employees called police after Carr became even more insistent when the store said it would not take back the printer, and he refused to leave.

Wow, just wow.

guinness_brilliant.jpg

I love stupid criminals. Get them off the streets. Five bucks says he has a shirt that says "I have Swag" or "Yolo". :/

This is why I avoid breaking the law. There's just so many damn steps. So much easier to be a law abiding lazy person :p

There's no way our species can fail. Humanity will endure not by those of quality intellect, but rather by sheer numbers of those without it.

Wait, we can print it ourselves? And all this time I have been out working for money. What printer model was that?

Isn't US money still the easiest to counterfeit?

What's funny is that we keep trying to make our money harder to counterfeit, but we still allow the old bills to act as currency. So if I was going to counterfeit, I'd choose to do the old bills and not the more advanced new ones. Yes, they destroy them as they go, but they haven't come right out and said no more.

What's funny is that we keep trying to make our money harder to counterfeit, but we still allow the old bills to act as currency. So if I was going to counterfeit, I'd choose to do the old bills and not the more advanced new ones. Yes, they destroy them as they go, but they haven't come right out and said no more.

i think all counterfeiting is of the old bills. its tru, they should just say "2 years from now we wont accept any more of the old bills" and if someone decided not to turn in their old ones then it's their own fault.

You'd still have to degrade the bills and dab it in cocaine though. "My, this 1972 twenty dollar bill looks incredibly crisp!"

What a dumbass. And all this while the idiot already has warrants out for his arrest. 2 words, buddy... LOW PROFILE.

IDK, I heard stories were printers can detect money and refuse to print.
Don't know if it is true or not.

At least for the industrial capacity ones. Scanning a bill freezes the copier and spits out an error saying that it's a federal offense to counterfeit money.

Gamestop announced they are hiring this guy as VP of corporate communications.

At least for the industrial capacity ones. Scanning a bill freezes the copier and spits out an error saying that it's a federal offense to counterfeit money.

And most the other mid-high end printers will print an almost undetectable pattern in yellow identifying the printer, so if the printer has ever been registered, the FBI will know where to come pick you up.

aha, I wondered where my neighbor disappeared to. The printer he loaned me broke after a couple of hundred pages and he said not to worry, wal-mart would take it back....

Back